<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween 2005 Recap... 


And so, another All Hallow's Eve has come and gone...The dead have risen from their graves and have until the close of business today (All Saints' Day) to walk the earth. Indeed, if you happen upon someone famous during this time period, snag an autograph. Folks on ebay would eat that up...

anyhow...

Considering I did most everything rather "last minute" this year, I feel that I put on a decent Halloween production for the kids (large and small) last night...for the first time in my life, I tried my hand at carving up a pumpkin in a "special" manner (X-Acto knives and such). It turned out looking like this: click for bigger!
spooky punkin
Granted, it's no Walaski punkin but, for a fledgling effort, I'm not altogether unhappy. I did take a drill to the spaces between the teeth after this picture was taken so as to let more light shine through. I'm thinking I need two things to make this better next halloween: A pumpkin that is not as insanely thick as this one and one of those Dremel tool sets...

So yesterday, whilst I was at work and perusing some of the blogsitethings which I am apt to peruse, I noticed that (our old buddy) Rocket Jones had himself a Halloween-themed banner on his page that he wasn't terribly fond of...That banner looked like this:

In his post, he mentioned that, while it fulfilled minimum requirements, he wasn't overjoyed about it. I thought to myself "hey, I gots a couple'a minutes...I'll whip another one up for him." Subsequently, I came up with this:

Yes, that's his severed head lying in the pile of skulls...From what I can tell, he liked it ('cause he told me so) but apparently it briefly creeped out one of his daughters...So yay me!..

Moving on...

Luckily, I was able to escape work a little early yesterday in order to get home and set up all of the spookiness for the trick-or-treaters. I set up both of my fog machines, one on a timer so it would run automatically and the other to run manual. I set up a speaker outside, through which I could pipe spooky music and I had my line o' grim reaper lights running the length of the porch railing. I had a strobe light set up to accentuate the fog and, to make things extra spooky, I covered 2 of the 3 outside lights with weed mat (which, I have to say, worked AWESOME). In general, the kids seemed quite entranced by the spooky stuff. I got into the habit of punching the button on the manual fogger before I opened the door, a simple action which elicited startled screams just about every time. See, while the little bastards' attentions were collectively fixed on the automatic fogger on the left, the manual fogger would hiss and blast them from behind...Good times...

Well, good times for 45 minutes, at least...

Sadly, my wife and I grossly overestimated our candy supply, running completely out of treats in less than an hour. It was for the best, though...I was really getting tired of answering the door and I kind of wanted to watch the Monday night football in an uninterrupted fashion...To sum up, though, it was a fun Halloween...I can't wait to do it all again next year...Heck, maybe I'll even have a friggin' COSTUME next year...That'd be kind of cool...

Labels: , , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?