<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 03, 2005

How Are You Feeling Today?.. 


I'm not feeling well today. I am "sick." Are you "sick," too? Did you pass along whatever you have and make me "sick?"

If you did, I will hunt you down...

Anyhow, I hope that everyone had a splendid New Year celebration. Mine was fun,...My wife, my sister, Collin, Collin's Brother and I all got together for New Year's Eve at my parents' place to play some poker and other games, including "Rock and Roll Triviologies," which is an enjoyable game, albeit rather challenging. There wasn't much drinking, at least not on my part, as my New Year's header would've suggested, I just didn't feel up to it...

The night before, on Thursday, I actually saw a movie (in a "theater," no less). My wife and I joined Collin and my sister for Napoleon Dynamite which, once you get past the first 15 minutes or so, is certainly worth witnessing. It's a hard film to describe, just suffice to say that, if you don't laugh at SOMETHING when you're watching it, check your pulse. You might be dead.

I had to work at the radio station on Friday and, for the first time in 10 years (or so), I was in charge of the "noon request hour." I have to say that it was a lot of fun, especially when my sister called in to request her favorite song and I just threw out my stock answer "We'll see what we can do for ya" and hung up...

I DID eventually play her song, but apparently she had stopped listening by then. Ah, cruel fate.

I set up the karaoke equipment on Saturday night so that my wife and I could sing some. I took it upon myself to record some of the things that we sang, but I doubt that any of them will end up on the ol' blog. You find out real quick that, when you playback the recording, no matter how good you thought you might be singing, you're no American Idol...

Sometime after the singing, and before waking up on Sunday, I became "ill." Most of yesterday I was pretty useless and I'm still feeling poorly today, as I already mentioned. Watching the Broncos beat the Indianapolis second-teamers into oblivion made me feel a little better, but having to play hockey later on (it was a playoff game) didn't serve me very well. We lost, but it's just as well. I'm finally done with the Chapel Hills Mall ice rink and, after 8 years, I'm done with the team that I played on there.

I should probably at least attempt to do some work today. Wish me luck. Happy new year to you all.

Labels: , , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?