<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Random Tuesday: Attention, Stalkers!.. 


Hey, holy crap, it's Tuesday! Where the heck did Monday go? Seriously, I left it RIGHT HERE...Anyway...Only a few things on the ol' docket today, let's get right to 'em...

The Worst Movies Ever Made...Period...
So last week, while (not) enjoying lunch at a (not-so) trendy downtown eatery, Collin and I were clued into the fact that the agency where we both work was once involved in the making of "B" movies right here in our humble little hometown. Indeed, we found out that no less than four feature films were made by our employer back in the late '80s/early '90s and that (to our surprise), we still work with some of the people responsible. I'm not going to give away the titles of these "movies" quite yet, simply because I'm currently in the process of watching them so that Collin and I can subsequently "rip them to shreds" via the magics of the awesomecast. That will all, of course, happen "in the future" sometime but believe me when I say that these are more along the lines of "D" or even "F" movies, not "B" movies. I watched two of the four this past weekend and...well...As my wife said after sitting through one of them with me "there's 3 hours of my life I can't have back." When I let her know that it was more like an hour and a half, she responded with "well, it felt like 3. Jesus, that sucked." She was right, too, God, were they awful...

Does This Mean I have to READ my spam emails now?..
Not one to allow himself to sit idle for too long, lest the Devil take control of his little hands yet again, our old buddy Collin has taken his penchant for making fun of the spams and turned it into a full-blown blogsitething which he calls Spam-A-Palooza. There are a couple of his posts making fun of spam up there already and, since I AM listed as a "contributor," I should be tossing my proverbial spam hat into the ring soon enough. While I'm never at a loss for those "spam emails" (I literally receive over 1,000 per day in my work email inbox alone), up until now, I've simply either deleted them or "marked them as junk" and sent them on their homely, pathetic little way. Now, though, I shall be required to dive headlong into the seedy underbelly of the internets and actually READ some spam emails. The bright side is that it's all for the purpose of "making fun" so I guess there's really no danger...Of course, maybe a high-quality, 98% accurate Rolex replica watch (with all the proper markings) WOULD get me that elusive promotion I've always dreamed of...I shall send my monies forthwith!

I'm Way Too Old For MySpace, But...
Since all the cool kids are doin' it these days, I should probably make it known that I do, in fact, maintain a modest presence on that MySpace place. Surely, since I'm not really the "target age" of the average MySpacer (you know, like 14), my page does NOT include several annoying animated GIF files, nor does it sport a background which makes reading the "content" impossible. Nay, it's clean and readable (and, maybe, "lame"). Of course, this also means that I have very few MySpace friends (sob), SO! In a show of support for your ol' buddy (that would be me) why don't you (nutty) kids head on over to my MySpace page (unless we're already MySpace buddies, in which case...thanks) and "add me." I don't have any lofty goals here and I'm not greedy, I'm thinking that having a total of 20 "friends" would suffice, more than that is "gravy." So there's your assignment, class...Get to it.

As always, thanks for stopping by...Don't forget, tomorrow IS Awesomecast day (and it'll be the first episode which features the inimitable Pat Angello). You kids have a fine Tuesday now...

Labels: , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?