<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 06, 2006

Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday-You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid... 


Hey, would ya look at that: It's Friday again! Yeah, yeah...I know that this week was one of those "short weeks" so I shouldn't seem so "shocked"...Still, regardless of the sincerity (or lack thereof) surrounding my "shock," it IS Friday and, due to the very VERY fine print on the back of the Mayflower Compact (it's like TOTALLY there, I swear), I am contractually obligated (by Royal Warrant, no less) to provide all of you (fine) individuals with the display known only as Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday (dun dun DUNNNNNN)....How them wacky pilgrims knew about the internets way back in 1492...I'll never know...

Anyway...

Today's exhibition of picturey goodness features images which were stolen (like so many souls from so many...um...of "those people who believe about the whole soul stealing business") during the recent Christmas holiday...This year, the big yuletide festivities "were goin' down" at my parents' home and featured food and presents and games and fun and things of that nature...I shall dally no longer, for I know that you are eager to get to the "meat" of today's post, so to speak...BRING ON THE MEAT!..clicky, they get beeeeger

stay away from that turkey, boy
Speaking of "meat" (we were), here's a picture of my dad, sternly advising me to not touch the turkey which had recently come out of the oven. Additionally, I was not to look at said turkey, nor even THINK about (said) turkey, lest I suffer some unnamed (yet surely terrible) fate. Verily, I thought about the turkey before strolling straight over and touching that turkey once I was done taking this picture...

it just ain't christmas until the squeezy cheese comes out
Ahh, yes...It just ain't Christmas until someone starts mainlining the aerosol cheese product...Here you can see my wife preparing to squirt the "Squeezy Cheez" stuff straight into her piehole...C'mon, not in your mouth, ON THE CRACKERS! Oh, now the guests won't have enough hors d'oeuvres...Dammit...

what the HELL is THAT?
Just as a point of "interest," my mother LOVES decorating for holidays...One of the strangest little decorations that she has up has got to be this...disturbing little santa/tree hybrid monster...Luckily she had this freakish item tethered securely to the stair railing...OBSERVE THE SURLY EXPRESSION ON IT'S TINY FACE! indeed, if not tied down, it would wait for you to doze off and then surely wreak it's tiny, evil havoc all over you...I shudder to think about such things...

aww, thank youuu
Moving on now, to the "opening of the presents" segment of our Christmas holiday, we find a conglomerate of appreciative gift getters. Starting at the top right, we have my wife who is (proudly) displaying a gag gift from her sister, a plush gingerbread...um..."thing" which gyrates as it belts out the tune "I want Candy"...To the right is yours truly, displaying the Axe deodorant which I received from my grandmother...Surely, the ladies will be so attracted to my new scent that I shall have to bludgeon them all with sticks just to keep them at bay...Bottom left is my sister, pleased as she can be to have received...um..."something" and finally, bottom right, there's my mom...She's happy because she got tickets to see Bon Jovi in February...Rock on, mom...

spooky little devil eyes
Just as an aside, this here is Collin's kid Justin, displaying one of the books that he got from me and my wife. LOOK AT THEM SPOOKY DEVIL EYES!

I got BOOZE!
Gettin' back to more of that "present openin' action" that we all love, top right is my aunt Mary Beth, to her right is my uncle Ray, bottom left is my grandma Lila and bottom right is my dad..."Ooh, I got booze!" "Hey, I got booze too!" "Kick ass, I got a coffee maker!" "Aww, man...I got a rock."

oh my GORSH!
Finally, we close out today's Christmas-soaked photographic exhibition with what I like to call "shock and awe: 2005." Top left is my wife, giving us an "oh no you di'nt" face when she finds out that we'll be going to St. Louis in April for "Al Macinnis night" at the Savvis Center (she's a big Blues fan)...Next up, to the right, is my mom acting completely shocked because we got her the newest "Catch Phrase" game...She loves that Catch Phrase...I don't know why, but she just loves that stinkin' game...Next up, bottom left, grandma is surprised by...Something in a bag...And then, to the right of that, is Collin's other kid Jordyn, elated at the billions of stickers that she received...Go crazy, kid...

So that's that...I hope that you all had a pleasant holiday season and also hope that you're all already having one of those "happy new year" things. Until next time, thanks for stopping by...Have a fine weekend...

Labels: , , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?