<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Poorly Drawn Superheros and Hidden Reapers... 

I haven't really had time to put together anything worth posting in the last day or two, mostly because I've had a bit of "work" to do here at the agency. I figured, though, just so's you three or four people who come around regularly can feel as if I'm AT LEAST making an effort, I'd post a small sample of what I've been doing...

One of the projects that I was charged with completing was to come up with a character called "Captain Kia" for one of our (surprise) Kia dealers. I was told that it should be a "superhero" type character that could be continued throughout the advertising in the form of "comic strips" that would show the Cap'n "beating up high prices" or something...I convinced Collin that he should draw up some ideas in addition to me doing some. He did. I did. Here are two of the ones I sketched out...

I figured that, since Kia is...Korean or something, they could use a ninja instead of a superhero guy. I could be way off base, but this guy could probably knock the peewaddin' out of a lousy interest rate AND look good doin' it. I dunno...


I want this one to be chosen because of the obvious...HE'S EASY TO DRAW! In fact, this one was an afterthought on the sketch paper that I threw in because "you never know."

other than that, I've been working on "stuff." One of the things that make up said "stuff" is a birthday card for "Marvin," who is one of the higher ups for one of our clients. He's turning 50 and, because I can (I guess), I was asked to provide a "caricature card" for everyone to sign and, subsequently, present to "Marv." It looks like this:
go, death, go!
click to see it bigger! You won't regret it, because then you'll be able to find the small grim reaper that I snuck in. Let's home Marv has a sense of humor, yeah?

back to work!

Labels: , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?