<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 21, 2005

Whew...I'm Glad THAT's Over... 


In the immortal words of El Sid, "Enigmatic posts generate the most comments." It would seem that she was correct, as my pathetic post from two days ago, featuring a poorly drawn spirit, generated nearly 20 comments (including my replies, but hey, you gotta have that "interaction" stuff). It seems that, if I were to post a whole lot of "nothing" followed by a wee "drawing," folks would come and comment (in "droves," no less).

Or maybe not. That would get old...Anyway...

So, yesterday here at work, we were about as "busy" as we've ever been. I would even go so far as to say that we were "Gazette busy" and, for those of you who know what that means, I'm being serious. Yesterday's "busy" was bound to happen, though, because I basically cursed myself the night prior...

Collin has been off all week. As such, we're one artist short and that one (Collin) does turn out a good chunk of work. Up until yesterday, though, the workload in his absence had been "manageable." On Wednesday night, I saw Collin over at my sister's place where we were gathered for a "birthday party" of sorts for Collin's youngest kid. Collin asked how work had been going this week and I replied that it'd been ok, we hadn't been terribly busy...Nothing too "unmanageable."

I should've kept my stupid mouth shut...

Yesterday, we were literally inundated with projects that, not only needed to be done, they needed to be completed IMMEDIATELY. Everyone was scrambling to keep up and finish everything by it's deadline. Most of the projects were completed on time and all ended up being finished close enough to deadline that things didn't explode in a giant, gooey ball of sadness and/or despair. I think that it might be the first time in my 5+ years of working here that I had to shift into "Gazette gear," which was the "gear" that burned me out at the Gazette in the first place. Luckily, days like that are few and far between here. Case in point: today, I'm blogging...About work...heh.

As such, I should get back to doing that stuff called "work," Lest I end up like these poor bastards...Have a good weekend, kids!

Labels: , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?