<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I SO Have "Nothing" Today... 


But, seriously, it's not for lack of trying...My current digital camera got dropped at some point. Or maybe it was stepped on. Or peed on. Or something. I'm not really sure. Either way, it's all "broken" and "unreliable" but IT WILL WORK if you grip it all tight and funny with your right hand to hold the damn thing together.

"Why are you telling me this, Derek," you ask in a rather indignant tone?

Because last night, in the bitter cold, I took that decrepit piece of photographic junk outside, gripped it all funny and took pictures of my house all "lit up for Christmas." I also took some other pictures that, ultimately, I was going to utilize to post a nice little "photoblog" today. I even went so far as to place the camera on my backpack so I'd remember to bring it in and download said photos for your viewing pleasure.

Have I mentioned before that Wednesday is "trash day?"

Well, kids, as happens quite often with me, I was running a bit behind this morning. Now, I can't recall EVERYTHING when I'm behind. Luckily, I DID remember to place the garbage at the curb. I also remembered to pack myself a lunch and grab something for breakfast. I remembered to shower and dress myself and lock the doors and turn out the lights.

I'm sure you see where this is going...

In all of this "commotion," I forgot to grab my backpack and, at the same time, the digital camera. I guess I'm lucky I remembered to put my coat on, or I wouldn't even have my wallet with me. Regardless, this means that I literally have "nothing" to share today, at least nothing in the way of lit-up christmassy housey pictures. Maybe tomorrow. In the meantime, I leave you with a drawing of an Englishman in a bowler hat:

Fear him.

Labels: , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?