<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 01, 2004

Random Thoughts, dot dot dot... 


"...we just have to keep our minds on the straight and narrow..."
-Ben Roethlisberger, Quarterback, Pittsburgh Steelers following the Steelers' victory over the Patriots on Halloween
_______________________

apologies to Monkey for borrowing his format...
_______________________

Yes, as a fan's sign in the crowd at Pittsburgh read: "The Curse may be Reversed, but the Streak Looks Weak!" Indeed, the stinking Patriots' record streak of 20-some-odd victories (including playoffs, by the way) was snapped by Andy K's Pittsburgh Steelers yesterday in impressive fashion. Good thing, too...I hate that Tom Brady...
_______________________

Speaking of streaks (we were), you will notice that, for the next 24 hours, I am required to display the logo of the Rochester Americans (affectionately called the "Amerks") over the logo of the Hershey Bears in accordance with the rules of the Hockey Whoopass Jamboree. This is due to Hershey's devastating 5-1 loss to the Amerks over the weekend. I'm not convinced that GEBIV is even paying attention to the whole thing, but...There it is...
_______________________

So I spent a good portion of my weekend playing video games on my Playstation® 2, something that I really wish I had more time for. I started a season in NCAA Football 2003 (I know, I'm way behind) with the Air Force Falcons and also gave Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas some attention. I have to say that the crew at Rockstar Games really has outdone itself. Granted, living the "Thug Life" vicariously through a video game character is a wee bit depressing, but the gameplay has been significantly improved from Vice City. I've got my Gangsta' all "Loc'd out" and "Hard n' shit" 'cause we've been hitting the gym. Also, eating at various fast food restaurants and getting tattoos. Seriously, if you're familiar with the Grand Theft Auto game franchise and you don't already have San Andreas...Well...You're missing out...
_______________________

I also spent a portion of my weekend (Halloween night) playing hockey. In intermediate rec league hockey, you don't often have "rivalries" and "big games," but since I was playing against the team which now features Collin's brother Trevor in goal, there was some pride riding on this particular contest. Trevor, being a kid, did his requisite amount of trash talking, emboldened by the fact that his team finally won a game last week whereas my team hadn't won yet...Early on, the game looked as if it might be a close one, with my team leading 3-1 heading into the 2nd period. With a 10-1 lead heading into the 3rd, well...Things changed a bit...All I can say is that it's nice to win (12-1 final) and that Trevor has a lot of hockey ahead of him what with the high school season starting soon. With that in mind, It's ok to lose to an "old man" now and then...Especially when that "old man" is me...
_______________________

I'm starting to believe that, 2 years ago, when I said that Jake Plummer was not going to be the Broncos' saviour, I was right. Man, Jake, you suck...You made me lose in Fantasy Football, too, you prick!..
_______________________

We had a grand total of zero trick-or-treaters this Halloween. The fact that we had to leave for my hockey game at about 6:15 on Halloween night really made it inconvenient to decorate and to do all of the things that I would normally do for Halloween, including set up spooky lights, fog and music for the kids. As such, we left our porch light off. It's nice to live in a neighborhood where everyone follows the rules. We didn't even have anybody TRY to come up and say "trick or treat," even when I was in the garage with the light on loading my equipment. Next year, kids, things'll be different...I promise...
_______________________

Well, I've got lots of stinky work to attend to, so I should finish up right about here. Remember that today is "All Saints Day," which, since All Hallow's Eve is the one night of the year that the dead can rise from their grave, is the day that the dead walk the earth. The dead are gonna need a jacket here today, it's bitter cold out...Just be on the lookout for zombies and such today...That is all...

Labels: , , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?