<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

dinero muerto... 


It's been a screwy, busy week for me...I've been feverishly working on a specific set of ads here at work that have turned out to be nothing more than a giant pain on my ass due to the "too many cooks" principle. Actually, if all of them damn "cooks" would just communicate with each other, it probably would've been much easier. Anyway, with all of that going on, I've been kind of handcuffed when it comes to polishing up "content" for the ol' blog here, but I haven't forgotten about it. No sir...

A couple of times last week, I shared some small chunks of a larger project I was working on called "Dead Money." As I said, Dead Money is a poker term which, if you want the full definition of, you can find here. Since I've been busy (like I said) I haven't had a whole lot of time to complete said project. Good news, as I see it anyway, is that I finally DID complete it, working a little here and there. As such, I will share more information with you all now...

I am planning on having a Texas Hold 'Em poker tournament with some of the people that I (semi-regularly) play poker with. And, if you're wondering, Texas Hold 'Em is INDEED the poker that you see most often on ESPN or the Travel Channel, but in our case, there's no celebrities, hidden cameras or really good players...I'm also looking to include some other newer players, a few of whom truly are "dead money," but that's neither here nor there...This whole "tournament" idea is not new, in fact we've done it before, just not at MY house and NOT with a smokin' top prize such as I will now describe...(get ready)...

Everyone will buy in to this little tournament with five measly dollars. They will then be given $1,440 in chips to play with. I'm hoping to get 12 players in this tournament and start play on 2 separate tables, combining into one after enough people are eliminated. If I do get 12 people to play, which is likely, the top four finishers will receive prize money with the WINNER receiving 30 bucks AND (as if that weren't enough) A FREE commemorative T-shirt! Yes! A whole T-shirt! THIS was what I was working on. Yep. The design for said "championship t-shirt." Because I like you, and because I know you won't tell anyone, I'll let you all take a sneak peek at the shirt design...Ready?...

I've already ordered more chips especially for the tournament and also ordered the shirt from my store. THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME! I'll let you know the results after it happens. Oh yeah, it's scheduled for Saturday, September 11. So...um..."Stay tuned," as they say...

Labels: , , , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?