<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 13, 2004

"Friday The 13th" Rears it's Pointed Head... 


Today's going to be one of those days that just FLIES by, I can already feel it...We've got our company picnic this afternoon which means that, at around 1:00 pm, we're all going to head over to Bear Creek Park to take part in the three "Fs" (food fun and frolic). Being that it IS "Friday the 13th," I'm sure that SOMEONE will end up breaking their leg playing sand volleyball or a gaggle of rabid midgets will overrun our pavilion and steal our food. Ah, well...can't fight fate, right? Ah-heh...Anyway, since I have to prepare for "insurgent wee-folk," instead of writing anything worthwhile, I feel like (to steal a line from another blog) merely "pimpin' shit." At least for the first couple of paragraphs...Here we go...

I MUST let you wonderful people know that, against her will and without her knowledge, my mom now has a blog. The two goofballs, Heather and Collin, decided that they should just take that "big first step" and start one up for her. I contributed the title (Smarter by Myself), but disavow all knowldge of the "project" past that...As of now, on the page, there's not much to see. Still, if you're so inclined, you should head over and see it. I'm thinking that there may be more to see as time wears on. She does have a lot of interesting things to share, whether she likes it or not...

In addition to the above (exciting) news, I added some new "products" to the "store." I AM NOT TELLING YOU THIS SO YOU'LL BUY SOMETHING. Not in the slightest. My mentioning this is NOT a pathetic plea to perpetuate purchases (I don't make any money off of it anyhow. It IS free to maintain, so (in gambling terms) it's a "push.") but rather just a "go check it out and see what I've been doing instead of writing stories and recording and producing audio entries" thing. Granted, this stuff doesn't take THAT much time, but I AM trying to hold down a full time job, a part time job and prepare for "gigs," so...yeah...There's now a "karaoke is for losers" shirt available and (in honor of my Mother's new "blogger" status) a "smarter by myself" hooded sweatshirt. More products will surely follow seeing as I can always come up with more crap to slap on shirts (and such).

I have a 60th birthday party/reunion to D.J. tomorrow (way up) in Black Forest. The lady that hired me told me that I'd be playing 50's and 60's music, doo wop, r&b and the like. THANK GOD! THESE are the shows that I actually ENJOY doing! I hate DJing "weddings," mostly because schedules get out of whack and everyone's ALL tense and shit and I REALLY feel out of my element if I'm not playing 50s, 60s or 70s music. Being that it's not one of those things, tomorrow's show promises to be a "whole lot of fun" and I'm actually looking forward to doing it. I HAVE booked a wedding for NEXT Saturday, but it's not going to be so bad. It's for the daughter of Bill Sommer, a guy with whom I worked at the Gazette. He's an easy goin' kind of fella and (thankfully) so is his daughter. Well, his daughter ain't a fella...but..Oh, Hell, you know what I mean! This wedding reception promises to be rather loose and fun AND the bride told me that, since she and groom thought that "their music" wouldn't make the older folks happy, I COULD PLAY "OLDIES" MUSIC! Hot damn, Yay for me. I think, though, that this particular reception will be the LAST wedding reception I ever DJ. I've come to the conclusion that, if I'm going to mobile D.J. part time in addition to doing the radio part time and this art stuff full time, I'd be better off limiting myself to doing 50s, 60s and 70s music ONLY with the addition of karaoke. Anything outside of that, I'm simply going to turn down. It's not worth the hassle, frankly.

I spent a good portion of my evening last night making my (famous) "Secret Cookies" for the (aforementioned) company picnic. I've already given the other "artists" a "sneak cookie preview" and the reports I got have been "favorable." Hopefully everyone else in the building enjoys them as well...Also, those goddamn midgets better appreciate all of my hard work...Ah, well, I'll find out soon enough. Anyway, I must get some "stuff" done...I hope everyone has a good weekend. See you again on Monday...

Labels: , , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?