<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 21, 2004

Weekend Update (with your host, Derek Knight)... 


Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was nice and busy...On Friday, thanks to the rain and stuff, we didn't get to play softball. It's just as well, though, we would've been missing a couple players...That game will have to be rescheduled, but that's not up to me, all I can do is wait to hear...Also, on Friday, I had called my boss at the radio station to find out if I worked this (last) weekend. He usually emails out a schedule, but had failed to do so this time. When I got ahold of him, it was kind of obvious that he had been sleeping, but...Hey, it's his fault. So anyway, I ask him if he was going to email out a schedule and he lied. "I already did" he says. "Well, I didn't get one" I says. "Am I on the schedule?" I ask. He says "Did you work last weekend?" I reply that I didn't, so he tells me "Yes, you're on this weekend." I says "Tomorrow?" He says "tomorrow." I says "7 to noon?" he confirms "7 to noon."

Long story short, he lied. Or he was wrong. Either way, he can kiss my ass, making me get up early on a Saturday morning, drive all the way from the south end of town to the north end JUST TO FIND OUT THAT HE'S TOO LAZY AND/OR STUPID TO DO HIS JOB CORRECTLY? I'm on the schedule NEXT GODDAMNED SATURDAY. Sometimes I wonder if it's really worth it. We'll see...

So, later in the day on Saturday, my wife and I went to Red Top to have lunch with some friends of ours (Liz and Jay and their little girl Baylea). It was Jay's birthday, their anniversary had happened, Father's day, blah blah blah. Long story short, Jay and Liz got cards, the food was good, we all had a good time sitting around chatting and Jay has a mohawk now. Not a faux-hawk, an ACTUAL MOHAWK. It's...something...

Later that night, I had to DJ a 50th birthday party on the north end of town. There was some sort of incident on the interstate that had traffic all clogged up, so by the time we got to the event site, instead of an hour to set up, I had 20 minutes. Luckily, I wasn't the only one held up by the traffic. The "guest of honor" arrived about 45 minutes after he was supposed to, so it all evened out. There was booze, food and a whole lot of people who would dance to disco, 80s new wave and 50s R & B. This combination of factors made my job MUCH easier than THAT wedding I did last month. People were dancing and drinking and having a frickin' awesome time all night. They also paid me in cash (whoo!). THESE are the events that make me NOT want to retire (from Deejaying). Yay for them. The events. Not the people. Well, somewhat for the people. Oh Hell, you know what I mean...

So, on Sunday, I was pretty well beat. I didn't really want to get out of bed EVER, but it was Father's Day, so my wife and I eventually got up and went up to see my Dad and Mom. We got my Dad a card and some music CDs (Hank Williams, Fats Domino and "Roots of the Blues.") He liked that ok, but apparently all he really wanted were cookies and cash. Well, He'll just have to make do. Anyway, we all went to lunch at Johnny Carino's which, as Italian-themed chain restaurants go, isn't bad. It's nothing special, but it's not bad. It's not overly expensive, though, it cost about as much to eat there as it did at Red Top the day before. I had Baked Cheese Tortellini which, after taking into account the cheese filled pasta tossed with sauces (and cheese) and baked (under cheese) is really just a big steaming bowl of (fatty Italian)cheese. And pasta. And fatty goodness. Really, the meal is just a big bowl of fat, with added carbohydrates to make the fatty fat stick more easily to my butt. It tasted good, though...

I had to play hockey at 10 last night, so I'm very tired today. We lost 3-2, but it was to a good team...In fact, we've never beaten that team (the Flyers), so a tight 3-2 game is like a moral victory...

Oh, who am I kidding...I HATE LOSING! I especially hate losing when I play what I consider to be a good game. But, sometimes, you don't get the breaks. That certainly was the case last night...

So anyway, I posted my 10 words for the new BIG TIME STORY COMPETITION at The Forum...Participate! It promises to be big fun. Go over and check it out...

Oh! Yeah! I ordered some karaoke paraphernalia for our housewarming party this coming Saturday...Wheeeee hee heee hee....

Labels: , , , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?