<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Crap, it's TUESDAY ALREADY? 


So I'm back from the Memorial Day weekend...

Well, to be truthful, I didn't GO anywhere to be back from, in fact I had to work all three days at the radio station...We were doing a goofy, bogus "top 500" countdown, so my weekend consisted mostly of being enthusiastic about numbers..."Hey, here's number 380 in our Memorial 500 countdown! Whoo!" Feh.

My sister Heather, Collin and myself went to karaoke at "Diamond Deb's" on Friday night. It was a good time, the karaoke company that runs this particular show has an AMAZING selection of songs to sing...I even got to sing "The Bertha Butt Boogie" by the Jimmy Castor Bunch. Other songs I performed include "Katmandu" by Bob Seger, "Ol' Red" by Blake Shelton and "Lonely Teardrops" by Jackie Wilson. My sister also sang a wide range of songs...It's just fun to get up there and sing, if you haven't tried it, you should...We performed the duet "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" as our last song. Collin didn't sing on Friday, but he found a few that he'd like to try, so we're counting on him for next time. The only bad part about the show that night is that the place is exceedingly small and the guy running the equipment was either deaf, drunk, incompetent or a combination of all three. He had the levels cranked so high that you couldn't take a breath without producing microphone feedback. If you've ever run an audio rig, you know what I'm talking about. If not, just take my word for it, it didn't have to be half as loud as it was...

Anyway, "big ups," as the kids say, to the Colorado Springs Silverwolves "B" women's hockey team...They were victorious at the Arizona Hockey Classic in Phoenix, which was held over the Memorial Day Weekend...The 'Wolves "B" competed in the "Women 6" division and, even though it wasn't the most populous division as far as teams go, it was a hard fought and well-won championship...This account of the action comes straight from my wife, who plays defense for the "B" team. She's very excited, as well she should be...You don't win championships everyday...

She brought home a nice little trophy, I'll see if I can post a picture of it soon...It's also nice to have her home, I missed her.

Two years ago, I went down to Phoenix to play for a men's team (the Colorado Goodwood). We got smacked around and lost, seeing as the team was hastily constructed. I was invited to go and play with them again last year, that time as their goalie, but I couldn't go because my vacation schedule wouldn't allow it. I didn't get invited to go this year, but it's "all good" since I wouldn't have been able to get the time off of work anyhow. There IS talk of having a co-ed division at the tournament and it's a probability that both my wife and myself will go down to Phoenix and play together on THAT team next year...but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it...Should be lots of fun.

My new mixing board should be delivered today via UPS...Knowing UPS, they'll figure out some way to screw things up...Keep your collective fingers crossed for me...

Past that, I've added YET MORE linkies to the sidebar there, so do some clickin'...I'm currently working on "stuff," including new audio entries, so "stay tuned" as they say...There IS more to come...

Labels: , , , , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?