<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 21, 2004

More "Moldy Oldies" from the Knight "Doodle Vault"... 

Perhaps you know someone (or you are this someone) that, when it's laundry day, it's painfully obvious because the only thing left in the closet to wear is, say, sweats n' stuff...Well, not only am I wearing my "sweats" today, it's also kind of a creative "laundry day" for me, in the sense that, postwise, I'm pretty much down to nothing. Luckily for me, my sister Heather came across a whole stack of drawings that I produced when I was younger. I've shared some of these already and, dammit, I'm ready to share some more...The following drawings are, as before, part of a larger "doodle page" that I did in 1988 (I can pinpoint the year because this particular page was signed and dated. Yay me!) So, without further ado, let's take a peek into my brain circa 14 years of age...

This person appears to be "thrashing" on a very rare 3-string guitar. It's possible that my pencil simply wasn't sharp enough to give this guitar its requisite amount of strings. It's also possible that I was a lazy bastard, even at age 14...

Man, this kid's head is big...He's also got a hunchback, it appears...He seems so happy to have made it to the base uncontested. Of course, once that ball hits him in his "soft spot," he won't remember much about it at all...

How did this guy EVER jump high enough to dunk the ball? LOOK AT HIS LEGS, for God's sake, they're as stubby as a welsh corgie! Still, though, I like this one...

So, it seems as if I saw fit to number both scenes, even though there are only two. I guess the moral here is don't mess with Harry Potter and his magic fucking dust. The fact that this drawing is over 15 years old would preclude the whole Harry Potter thing, so screw it. Why did I include this at all? Damn...

Simple, elegant, well-labeled. Man, that's one deformed child...

Apparently, the Toddler from Hell has a pet monkey-thing...And lots of hair on his wee head...Wow, this one's odd...

If my memory serves, it was around '88 that the speed limit across Colorado was reduced to 55 MPH on all Interstate Highways. We were all told that this was not only to conserve fuel, but to make highways safer by increasing the reaction time afforded drivers who would obey the speed limit. This illustration CLEARLY DEPICTS the DIRE CONSEQUENCES of exceeding the speed limit, even only by one measly mile per hour. NOTE THE PHRASE "BAP" and the horribly deformed animal that has fallen victim to this speeding motorcar. LET THIS BE A LESSON TO YOU, LEADFOOT!

This, friends, is the Egg Roll. The Egg Roll inquires as to what your "trip" is! This implies that YOU ARE "TRIPPING," my friend, and that you should surely calm the Hell down at your earliest convenience...Do not eat this particular egg roll...That would just be bad. THAT would be "tripping."

OK, more with the extensive labeling. I have, indeed, issued a "fat lady alert" in this drawing. I must add that, even though I have neglected to illustrate a floor in this piece, I HAVE seen fit to write the word "creak" under her feet, implying that this particular trailer park dweller is putting more than the limit of stress on whatever floor may, or may not, be there...

OK, there was no way for me to know that the Friday the 13th series WOULD go on well past where it should have AND ACTUALLY become more ridiculous every time out. I now realize that this doodle COULD BECOME REALITY if I can get in contact with the right people...

So there's that, folks. Have a fine weekend!

Labels: , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?