<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Blasts from the Past... 

A while back, my sister found a stack of drawings that I had done previous to my being an "adult." Looking through things that you've drawn or written when you were younger can make you feel a little funny (the kind of funny like "Why was this important enough to me to draw it" or "wow, this is lame") but it's also nice to see how far you've (hopefully) progressed. I offer for your amusement, select drawings that were part of a larger "doodle page" from when I was perhaps 12 or 13. Oddly enough, the overriding theme of this particular series of drawings has to do with babies. I know, I don't get it either...Anyway, without further ado...

when I was younger, I was actually a basketball fan. I played basketball, I watched basketball...I liked basketball. Thank God I'm a hockey fan now.

Don't get all giddy, this has NOTHING to do with Bruce Springsteen. I know this because I've never been a fan of his, especially not when I was in junior high. What DOES it have to do with? ha! NOTHING, that's what!

I like oatmeal, always have. Still though, I'm not sure why I had to specifically identify the foodstuff that our uncoordinated protagonist has all over his mealy little face, but whatever...

OBSERVE! The wee hat and Irish-Style pipe that the dog has! GENIUS, PEOPLE!

perspective...depth...insults...Man, I haven't changed much. Of course, now I get to use "curse words..."

Damn, that's one effed-up Cookie Monster...I'm thinking that the big-eared kid is handing him the cookie to either shut him up OR to distract the monster so as to make his escape. Either way, I really AM Alistair Cookie...Seriously...

Leaving NOTHING to chance, I have decided to LABEL everything in this drawing. I'm quite fond of the "overhead perspective" of this piece, as well as the exclamation from the orphan...It seems that he's fully aware that his life is turning to "shit" right before his infantile little eyes...

Well, folks, that's all for now...I'm thinking about introducing you to "Jamaica man" and "The Little Known Spirits" here soon...We'll see...

Labels: , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?