<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Two In A Row? TWO IN A FUCKING ROW!? You're Shittin' Me... 


Ask any parent worth a damn and I would wager that they would agree with me: one of the best parts about having a little baby rolling around the house is the sound of gleeful, infantile laughter. The wife and I are quite fortunate that Max is a happy baby and, as such, he doesn't skimp on the giggles when something tickles his fancy. We've had occasion to roll film, as it were, on a few of his "episodes" and, since I'm in a posty mood, am prepared to share a short clip with you kids...Being that we're so close to Halloween, our home is playing host to a handful of spirits which trickle in as they rise from the grave. Not the least of this spectral briagde is the ghost of Dumbo, a long dead Disney character. Max and ghost Dumbo enjoy the roughhousing, as you'll see when you press play on that embedded video right there:

You (the viewer) are instructed to pay no attention to the fat humanesque arm that appears to be attached to ghost Dumbo's back...These phantom classic cartoon characters are quite adept at possessing humans and willing them to do their bidding, up to and including placing bets at the dogtrack, running to the 7-11 for smokes and beer and, you guessed it, attacking little 7-month-old babies.

I Hear That Train A-Comin'...
So since Max crawled out of my wife to join us in the material world (late February, for those who like keeping track of such things), I've not been up to Denver to enjoy the fun and insanity of Freak Train. I do miss it more than a little bit, but just haven't found it feasible to go, what with all the other things going on...I do, though, plan to go up for this month's show on the 27th since the past two October Trains have seen the Spooky Singing Ghost return from the grave and a tradition like that, well, far be it from me to break it. Last year, I was fortunate enough to have had the assistance of guitar virtuoso "Scary" Terry Gonzalez. In an earlier entry, I mentioned that Terry was diagnosed with lung cancer in May. To update things, Terry's through Chemo and is thankfully doing better. despite the progress, I can't imagine asking him to accompany me to do a goofy little stage show which is so trivial by comparison to the challenges he's facing. As such, I've not decided exactly whether I'll be the spooky singing ghost (replete with specially mixed backing track) or the spooky standup ghost this year...Methinks, though, that a comedian the caliber of the Spooky Standup Ghost needs a seltzer bottle and an armoload of cream pies. Or jokes. Anyone itching to write jokes?

Anyhow...

I do have Freak Train-related Good news, though...Fresh off of his inaugural gig as a kids' birthday party magician, our old buddy Justin plans to make the trek up to Denver with me...Perhaps he'll bust out some big-time stage magic for us...I'll have my video camera at the ready just in case...

So How Many of You Fuckers Are on Facebook?..
Unlike MySpace , which I arbitrarily capped at 54 friends as an homage to the most perfect number in all the land, I'm not limiting Facebook acquaintances. See, I call them "acquaintances" because "friend" sounds so presumptive. After all, the majority don't write, they don't call...Anyways, this whole spiel means that, if you're reading this AND you have a Facebook account AND we're not ALREADY friends on Facebook, you should add me. Like I tell people on LInkedIn: My friends network has pie. Who doesn't love pie? You love pie. Hell, you love it carnally when nobody's watching. Admit it: you're a clandestine pie humper.

Wait, where was I?

Oh yeah, Facebook. Add me.

So that's enough for now. As always, thanks for stopping by. You kids have a great Tuesday now...

Labels: , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?