<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 23, 2006

And How Was YOUR Weekend?.. 


Welcome back. It's wonderful to be here on a Monday morning, quickly typing up an entry so that the half-assed cartoon I posted on Thursday won't be the last thing that's up on my sad little site. I know, I have been lax in my "duties" recently re: the whole updating of the blog but SOON people, soon you shall all witness more with the postings! Seriously, just keep comin' around. You three or four people know who you are...Anyhow...

A PARTY!? I NEVER Get Invited to PARTIES!..
So yeah, the wife and I were invited to a Halloween party which happened this past weekend. To be fair, we were invited to the same party last year, we just didn't go. Why? Oh, I dunno...Busy probably...Anyhow, yeah, one of the ladies who works at the agency throws quite the Halloween party every year and THIS YEAR, we attended. I have to say, it was an excellent party - the house was all decorated up, there was good food, much booze and some of the costumes were really well put together. Specifically, the lady's husband made quite the convincing Captain Jack Sparrow (up to and including the swaying and stuff. He had certainly practiced for his role). I actually won a prize for "scariest costume" which is pretty cool considering the fact that the real "scary" part of my whole costume was simply MY DAMN FACE. Indeed, I have the mystic ability to make such menacing expressions that people will turn away in horror at the mere sight of my soulless eyes and, it would seem, subsequently vote for me as "scary." Of course, people often turn away in horror even when I'm not trying to be menacing...or when I'm smiling...Or, now that I think of it, most any time at all...Hmmm...

Anyhow, a good time was had by all, even Collin, who barely dressed for the occasion. Oh, by the way, photos of the event WILL BE FEATURED this coming Friday...Count on it...

So Much For The Party Being A Surprise...
So as you may or may not know, I've been officiating football for the past few months. Certainly I've had my fair share of run-ins with fans and coaches during the past season but that's not what I'm going to be typing about right here...No, instead I'm going to relate a quick tale of how NOT to best utilize a mass email...See, this past weekend, I received a mass email regarding a surprise birthday party for one of the other officials in the organization. This person's wife, I assume, had emailed the information for said "surprise" party to "George," the official who is, I guess, in charge of our association. The wife had requested that "George" send the info along to the other officials in case they would want to participate since she didn't have all of the emails. "George" complied, sending the information out to everyone on the association email list...

Including the guy who the surprise party is going to be for...

So yeah...It's no longer a surprise...But what the heck, at least the guy's getting a party, right?..SURPRISE!

Coming Up Wednesday On The Ol' BlogSiteThing...
What with the All Hallow's Eve holiday coming up, we're taking a break from talking about nothing on the ol' awesomecast and are planning on busting out two (count 'em: TWO) Halloween tribute shows, with the first one available this coming Wednesday, wherein we (and you'll find out who all that encompasses come Hump Day) relate many of our family's tales of the supernatural. If'n you're goofy for ghost stories, the next two weeks of the Son of Cheese Half Hour Power Hour should make you quite happy...I know I'm excited...I hope you all feel the same...

So that's about all I have for now...You kids have a great Monday and thanks for stopping by...

Labels: , , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?