<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 07, 2006

Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday-Viva Las vegas (Again)... 


And so, with the rest of the week behind us, we find ourselves perched precariously on the very edge of the weekend with only that bastard Friday left to get through...My wife and I have ourselves a 3-day weekend coming up because, as if driving to Las Vegas and back weren't enough, we're going to drive to St. Louis MO (and back) this weekend. Should be fun...

And speaking of "fun" (we were), it's time once again to raise the curtain on yet another super-cool Phrickin' Photoblog. Today's topic: That Vegas trip which I've already typed so much about...This, in fact, is the first of a two-part photoblog which features pictures from said trip...You are SO ready to see the pictures. Yes you are...YES YOU ARE...Here we go...
click on 'em, they swell up real good

Them's jellyfish...
Them's jellyfish right there. Yup, they're like weird purple ghosts or something, floating around in space. You know, as mesmerizing as they are, there's one thing which I find disturbing about these little things: being completely transparent, it's painfully obvious when they really need to poop...

here's where I still had a chance. Maybe.
So my buddy Andy, there on the left, had been the grand champion of an arm wrestling tournament at the agency where he used to work. As such, I decided to challenge him to a match. Sadly, this stage of the contest was all that my wife had time to take a picture of. Andy didn't waste any time in beating me, essentially snapping my arm clean off before unceremoniously throwing it in the trash...He's an ANIMAL, that guy...

well...that didn't work, let's try it left handed...
Since I lost the use of my right arm following the first go-round, we had no choice but to go at it "left-handed." The results weren't much different, though, as Andy simply smashed my hand and arm through the countertop mere milliseconds after this picture was taken.

SHARK!
SHARK! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! AAAAAAAAAAA! SHARK!

that Andy is just a beast.
Here's Andy, celebrating his convincing win over me in the arm wrasslin' arena (of death). I should've known better than to go up against an angry Catholic on a Friday during Lent...Not eating any meat all day can really do things to a person...

meet Antoine LeBlanc
This here is Antoine LeBlanc, one of them rare white alligators. He (or she, I'm not sure) is one of the first things you see at the Shark Reef thing at Mandalay Bay. Actually, I'm not sure that white alligators are rare, I just kind of made the first part up...Ok, fine, to be fair, I ripped it off completely from the zoo here in town...Anyway, look, it's a frickin' gator...

so that's it, kids, the first of two Vegas-themed photoblogs for your visual enjoyment. You all have a fine weekend, we'll see you again on Tuesday...

Labels: , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?