<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 03, 2006

Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday-Avalanche!.. 


Holy crap, it's Friday...Suddenly, the end of the workweek is upon us like so much "stink" on "shit." Indeed, my having mentioned that stray fact should help you to realize that I am about to "wow the crowd," as it were, with (yet another) Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday® brand display of pictorial goodness™...

No, I'm serious, I AM!..STOP LAUGHING AT ME!..Anyway...

Today's Photoblog will be another "short" one, like last week's, but who's to say that I HAVE to show you people 7 or 8 pictures EVERY DAMN TIME that I do one of these? huh? That's right: "nobody"...As such, I now present to you 5 little photographs which were taken during my sister and I's recent visit to the Pepsi Center in Denver to witness our (beloved) Colorado Avalanche take on the (hated) Dallas Stars...Anyhow, enough with the idle chatter, HERE COME THE PICTURES!
click on them to produce a screen-filling image which will reduce strain on your poor, fatigued eyeballs...

Aebischer taking warmup
Here we find ourselves watching the Avalanche goaltender David Aebischer taking shots during warmup. "Aebi," as he is called by "those in the know," is from the magical (also: far-away) place they call "Switzerland" (a country which produces precious few NHL players...You might say that they're "stuck in neutral" when it comes to such things...Yuk yuk yuk). Aebi has quite a large fan base in his native Switzerland and, due to some process which my sister would have to explain, we ended up sitting with his fan club who had made the trip from Switzerland to see him, and the Avalanche as a whole, play some games. Ironically, Aebischer didn't start the game that we were at. Regardless, those Swiss folks are excellent hockey fans (in addition to being near complete nutcases)...I wish that I could have the pleasure of sitting with them every time that I went to see a hockey game...

10 years in Denver
Here's a shot of center ice at the Pepsi center taken during the pre-game warmups. The "X" logo there is representative of the fact that the 2005-2006 season (this current one) represents the 10th year that the team has been in Denver (for those of you "not in the know," the Avalanche were the Quebec Nordiques once upon a time). Granted, because of the strike and the complete loss of last year's season, it's only their 9th full season but it HAS been 10 years...Damn, that was a fast decade...I'm starting to feel "old."

see THIS fuckin' guy?
Hey, kids! It's time to play (yet another) rousing game of "see THAT fuckin' guy?" Today's subject is Dallas backup goaltender Johan Hedberg. Mr. Hedberg hails from (most of) my family's ancestral home (Sweden) and is known by the nickname "Moose." Now, he's not called "Moose" because of his size but because of the fact that, when he was first called up to the NHL by Pittsburgh, he had a moose painted on his goalie helmet due to the fact that he had been playing for the minor league Manitoba Moose. Hedberg quickly endeared himself to the fans in Pittsburgh who would honor him with chants of "moose! moose!" I bring this up only because myself and Mr. Hedberg have one very distinct thing in common. The guy which paints HIS helmet (and who originally came up with the now famous moose) is the same guy who painted MY goalie helmet: David Gunnarsson. There you go...Trivia for your Friday...

outside the Pepsi Center
Here we find ourselves outside of the Pepsi Center or, as the Swiss fans we were with called it, "the Pepsi Bowl" after the game. Even though the appearance of this picture is just a by-product of my impatience with my camera (it's so friggin' SLOW sometimes) I do like the way it turned out...Kind of artsy...I dunno...It's like poor-man's time lapse or something...

my sister blurry
And speaking of crappy, blurry pictures, here's one of my sister before the game...Pretty much the same "technique" (impatience) and pretty much the same result (fucked-up). I guess that there's really a fine line between "crappy" and "artistic."

Anyhow, there you go...You all have fine weekends now and stay out of "the trouble." Maybe wear clean underwear...And, dammit, if you're gonna be late: call...That's all we ask...

Labels: , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?