<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 09, 2005

Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday-Viva Las vegas... 


And so, we find ourselves at the end of the workweek, ready to be literally steeped in tradition and imagery. "What the crap are you talking about" you ask? PRICKIN' PHOTOBLOG PHRIDAY, man! THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! Today, since I've been thrilling you all with tales of meat and/or indulgence from my recent trip to Las Vegas, I thought it best to also share a few of the photos which I took during that same vacation. Granted, I missed out on the really good photo opportunities by leaving my camera behind when we went to Shark Reef and Penn and Teller (I know, SO STUPID), but I did get enough shots to fill up a post. Which is all that matters. To me.

Anyhow, let's get on with it, shall we?...

Casa De Andy
This here is a shot of what shall be known henceforth as "Casa De Andy." This is the house where I was staying with my friends Andy and Andrea. See? Homey and cozy! The street is also relatively quiet as it's really not a "through" street...Of course, some of you would probably faint if I shared with you the cost of such a home in the Las Vegas area so, instead, we'll just move on to something slightly more "soothing"...

KITTY!
KITTY! This is the cat that lives with Andy and Andrea. She's a fat little siamese kitty who apparently runs from EVERYONE she doesn't know. Everyone but me, that is (I so special). I stole this shot while the kitty was relaxing under the recliner in the living room...

big giant leather chair
Speaking of the recliner in the living room, here it is (though it's now filled up with "Andy.") Yes, the recliner is comfortable. Yes, it's leather. Yes, I'm jealous 'cause I don't have one in my house...Moving on...

Aldie's San Francisco
Jumping back outside, here's the view down the street from their front porch. My future brother-in-law Aldie says that it looks like a miniature San Francisco to him. I wouldn't know, I've never been there (except, of course, for during Full House reruns)...

Kitty!
MORE KITTY!..

Look a' all o' them DRUMS!
And, back inside, we find ourselves in the "drum room" upstairs. LOOK AT ALL OF THOSE DRUMS! It was pretty hard to get a shot of all of them, since the kit literally fills the entire room. Andy has "silencer pads" on most of the drums which are supposed to muffle the sound so that you could, conceivably, practice without disturbing the neighbors. Truthfully, though, even with the mufflers, the kit is pretty powerful. I did take a turn at the throne, so to speak, but found that my feet failed me. I cannot keep rhythm on the bass drum(s). I can, however, play fun little ditties solely with the snare...Still: no match for Andy's double bass skills...

them butts is original Van Briggle butts
Now, I didn't take this picture just because of the naked pottery butts. I took this picture because those naked pottery butts happen to be VAN BRIGGLE pottery butts. Indeed, I had barely given any notice to the vase until I was told that it was Van Briggle. for those of you not in the know of why Van Briggle means so much (at least to my hometown of Colorado Springs), you can go here to get all "filled in" and stuff...

Give me all the MEAT!
And finally, we find ourselves at one of our last food stops (and one I have yet to thoroughly chronicle for you) in Famous Dave's BBQ. Indeed, his pit Bar-B-Que is now legendary for me, having eaten there and been completely overwhelmed by "food." Again, I shall tell you all more about that in a future entry, but suffice to say: Famous Dave's kicks the ass!..

And so that's that! Another Phrickin' Photoblog in the books...You all have a fine weekend now...

Labels: , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?