<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 30, 2005

Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday-GO BRONCOS!.. 


Hey, look! Already it's the "Friday" day (it comes so quick because of the short holiday week). As is per usual, we here at Action Cheese Sports would like to say "hooray for Friday" by giving you, our wonderful readers, yet another Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday post...Of course, when I say "we" and "our," I really mean "me" and "mine." Either way, you are soon to bear witness, via the enhanced magic of the internets, to the breathtaking spectacle which is Denver Broncos football...More specifically, crappy photos which I (or my wife) shot while we attended the final regular season Broncos home game vs. the hated Oakland Raiders on Christmas Eve (thanks to my mom, who's season tickets we were using)...Ready for the spectacle-ing? I KNOW YOUSE IS! Let's get it on...
Of course, as in times past, when you click upon the photographs, they will become larger and significantly more cooler (and things)...

Invesco Field at Mile High
We'll start off today with a shot of the exterior of the stadium where my beloved Broncos play their home football games. This here was taken just as we stepped off of the park-n-ride bus...Note the many individuals milling about! Indeed, Broncos football is quite popular 'round these parts...

run horses! run!
Once we were inside the stadium, I paused on the concourse to get a shot of the (pretty awesome) "Stampede" sculpture which adorns the front part of the structure. I did notice, while I was editing these photos down, that more than one person was looking straight at the camera and one was even smiling as if I were taking their picture...See the horses, people? THAT'S what I'm capturing...Not you...Them...Anyway...

look, there's a logo made out of seats
Once we got to our seats (above the south endzone), I decided to test the zoom on my relatively new camera and see if I could get a good shot of the "logo made from seats" which is part of the 3rd level above the north endzone before said seats filled up...Here you can see that "seats logo" along with the names of 4 of the awesomest Broncos ever to play the game, immortalized in the "Ring of Fame."

it's bucky the bucking bronco!
Looking back towards the south from our seats, I was able to grab a shot of the big horse which now sits atop the large jumbotron. This is the same horse which was part of the structure at the old Mile High Stadium. I hear tell that it's official name is "Bucky." "Bucky the bucking Bronco." Now that I think about it, that's kind of goofy...The name, not the horse. The horse, she is majestic. Obey the horse.

Elam from 58
We arrived at the stadium pretty early (better than late). As such, we were able to see most of the team's warmup activities. Here, we see the Broncos' veteran placekicker Jason Elam practicing his kickin' prior to the game as Punter Todd Sauerbrun (and a couple of coaches) look on. Just so you know, this particular kick is a 58-yard try from the left hash...I think he made it, too...Just as a point of interest, Elam had an extra-point try blocked in the second half of the game...

rat-a-tat-tat
Did you know that there's an "official drumline" of the Denver Broncos? Well there is and here they are...Yep...there they are...Moving on...

introducing the starting defense for YOUR DENVER BRONCOS
Yay, the game's about to start! Here we see Al Wilson, Mike Myers, Courtney Brown and (my sister's favorite player) Trevor Pryce preparing to run through the inflatable horsey tunnel and onto the field, ready to seize victory...GO BRONCOS! YEAH!

I'm not drunk, just ugly
Finally, I have for you a shot of yours truly, taken whilst I cheered my team on to a decisive victory over their arch-rivals...Now, I KNOW that it appears as if I had been drinking all day, but I hadn't...Truth be told, I'm just really, really "funny lookin'" and stuff...My wife told my mom the next day that she didn't think that I cheered enough...In truth, I just didn't want to let loose and scream the same things which I do when I watch the games on television (i.e.: "stick that up your ass, Kerry Collins! Yeah!)...

So there you go: a smallish taste of what it's like to attend a Denver Broncos football game. Here's hoping that you all have a fine weekend and (cliche' alert) we'll see you next year...

Labels: , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?