<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 19, 2005

Just Some Odds and Ends..."Housekeeping," if You Will... 


It's funny...Maybe it's because I didn't have to completely fuck up interrupt my weekend by working at the radio station or because there was NFL football on Saturday AND Sunday, my weekend seemed mercifully long...So long, in fact, that it was hard to believe that I had to come in to work today...Regardless, I AM back at work (as is Collin, following his taking a few days off last week) and I have...Well...One or two things to post about...

Nothing special...Just a couple things...

Bring Me The Head of Bernie Kukar!..
So the Denver Broncos went to Buffalo to take on the hapless Bills on Saturday night. I don't know if it was the weather, or if the Broncos underestimated Buffalo or what, but Denver struggled a bit against the Bills early on. That notwithstanding, the officiating from that game on Saturday night was as poor as any I've ever seen...Not surprising, though, when you take into account that the game was officiated by Bernie Kukar and his crew. Now, I mentioned that Kukar was way too stupid/old/oblivious to be a referee in the NFL about a year ago, but I really REALLY mean it this time: Kukar is terrible and his crew is terrible...If I thought that it would make a difference, I would call for his dismissal...Oh, what the heck: I call for the immediate dismissal of Bernie Kukar as a football referee. Aditionally, I decree that the remaining members of Kukar's officiating crew shall be banished to the Western Athletic Conference where their errors will mostly go unnoticed and where they may harm the least amount of people...

It is written, so shall it be done...

For those of you wondering, the Broncos ended up kicking the Bills' ASS!..YEAH!..

What Good is a Jamboree if Nobody Pays Attention?..
As I've mentioned in the past, I'm taking part in Rocket Jones' Hockey Whoopass Jamboree, the rules of which can be found if you follow this link...Personally, through no fault of my own, mind you, I have been a bit remiss in following the rules and acknowledging all of the times that the Avalanche have lost. As such, I owe the display of greasy opposing team logos to the following individuals:

Back in November, while I was off gorging on food and/or entertainment in Las Vegas, the Avs lost (in a shootout, I believe) to the Calgary Flames. Due to this fact, and because the inimitable GIR claimed the flames in the Jamboree, I now display the following Flames logo as per the rules of the Jamboree:


At some point, the vile Redwings from Detroit handed the Avalanche a sound beating at Joe Louis Arena...Not one to dwell on defeat, I quickly offer the following logo to Machelle and David, easily the ugliest of all logos in professional sports:


Additionally, some time ago, the Avs dropped a game to Frinklin's Vancouver Canucks. Of course, considering the fact that Frinklin has chosen to conveniently ignore AT LEAST two sound drubbings of his Canucks at the hands of the noble Avalanche, I'll not display a Canucks logo on my site...Well...Ever.

Additionally-additionally, I think that I may have forgotten that thelowlyPenguinsbeattheavsandohfuckithereyougo,Catt:

somethin' tells me she ain't payin' attention anyhow...

Big ups, though, do go out to Michele, whom I do not know, but who IS paying attention and had the "gumption" (as my grandfather may, or may not, say) to step up and display the Avalanche logo on her site following last night's Avalanche victory at Madison Square Garden...Of course, it would mean so much more if she had a working link to me...Oh well, can't have everything, right?..Or maybe you can...

I would love to Continue This Post, But Have Run Out of Things to Type...
Yeah, like that headline there says, I'm kind of "tapped out" and can't add much more to this post. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to fill large chunks of "space" with "words and stuff," but I just don't think that it's gonna happen...Anyhow, only 6 shopping days until Christmas (counting today), kids...So get on it! Shop like there is no tomorrow!..Shop like the WIND!..Shop like you have never shopped before!..And that's it...I've run "slap-out" of cliches for today...

Labels: , , , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?