<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 18, 2005

Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday-Me...And My...Shadow!.. 

Now, just because I'm posting the photoblog for Phriday DOES NOT MEAN that you all can shirk your duties, so to speak, and conveniently "forget" to toss in your two cents re: the big-time write the dialogue for the comic strip contest. Seriously, if you have yet to participate, you are implored to go and do just that. Until you do, you really shouldn't be allowed to view the pictures from today. Hey, rules is rules...

And so, much like the swallows returning to Capistrano (or that shabby homeless guy returning to the liquor store to pick up more Night Train), Friday has come to grace us with it's (glorious) presence once again. Of course, I am aware that you have come to my (humble) blogsitething today in search of "displayed photos" and I DO NOT INTEND TO DISAPPOINT! I still may, but believe me...I didn't intend to...

With that said, today's photographic theme is "myself (and my sister) in everyday situations." I shall waste no more time with the "jibber-jabber!" ON WITH THE SHOW!..

uh...
Starting off today's display, we see that NOT ONLY did that whole "blank stare" thing that I'm known for start at a very early age, but you can see that the demonic redeye thing with my sister was manifesting itself years and years ago as well. No, kids, those ain't gummi bears on the kitchen table: THOSE ARE LITE-BRITES! Man, I miss the Lite-Brite...Good times...

nice pants, kid...
Ah, yes...The backward friggin' pants thing again...It seems that my sister and the sun were mortal enemies back in the 1970s...As you can plainly see, I am wisely taking cover while this picture is taken, saving myself the shame which surely went hand in hand with the pictures taken on this particular day...Maybe I'm playing with a bug...Maybe, just maybe, I'm throwing up...The world will never know for sure...

DAMN YOU, SUN! DAMN YOUUUU...
DAMN YOU, SUN! Damn you to HELL! Once again, we see that, while my attention, and the attention of my mother, is elsewhere, my sister is (once again) being molested by that damn sun...Or sneezing...Or being just plain "goofy." Regardless, at least she don't have that spooky redeye crap in this one...

plaid for the girls...
And here we have a wonderful family portrait, likely taken at Sears, way back around 1980. Why those bastards INSISTED on turning on the orange light, I'll never know. Anyhow, it appears that they (wisely) gave me a toy to hold (conceivably to shut me up) while they did their thing. Too bad they couldn't give me a better shirt...Hell, it's not even a broncos jersey!..What the Hell?..

Stop and smell the roses, baby
You've no doubt heard the phrase "stop and smell the roses" at some point in your life...Well, here I am, doing just that, while my sister gives the camera her best pose. I don't appear to be altogether pleased with the rose-smelling experience here...Perhaps I'm a bit pensive, fearing that if I lean too far in, I could become entagles in the thorns and never again be able to frolic in the sun. Or, it could be that I was just a weird little kid...

with grandpa
Here we are with my (late) grandpa Knight...Again: I'm not wearing a Broncos jersey. Additionally: why is my hair almost as long as my sister's? Moving on...

that dog ain't gonna last long
And finally, we wrap up today's photoblog with a shot of myself, my chronically red-eyed sister and some mystery girl, as we prepare to devour the sacrificial puppy in honor of my sister's 9th borthday. Sadly, we see that there are only 4 places set at the table for the ritual and only one is filled by a "friend." Perhaps that "friend" won a contest of some sort...Regardless, that dog was about to be history, you can believe that...

And so that's that! Thanks for stopping by, kids and don't forget to participate in the contest! You could win PRIZES!..Everybody loves prizes...

Labels: ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?