<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Somewhere, Some Kid Is Missing A Doll... 


I've often considered the neighborhood where I work as one to be regarded with "caution." Granted, we haven't had any shootings or vehicle break-ins that I can recall, but there happens to be a cluster of less-than-desirable housing units located just on the other side of the fence from the agency. It's kind of odd, considering that we're located up on top of a mesa with a great view of the city (prime real estate, by all accounts)...Just down the road to the west is a newer housing development with houses ranging into the high 300's (as the Realtor cats and kittens say). There are a number of businesses and a Montessori school up on the mesa with us as well but, when you toss in the mental health outpatient facility and the aforementioned cluster of shitbox apartments and duplexes and...well...You get some real "winners" walkin' around, if you catch my drift (and I think you do)...

Anyhow, over the weekend, I stopped in after my shift at the radio station to grab my MP3 player from my desk so I could troubleshoot my wife's MP3 player (her's was having trouble recognizing the new 512mb drive I bought for her). When I pulled up, This was what I saw: click to enlarge and all of that
what the crap is THAT?
I saw something which appeared to be a Ken doll sitting on the 1,600 lb. picnic table which has been redesignated as the smoking area here at the agency. My first thought was that some of them shitbox apartment kids had been playing with the doll and forgot about it. As I ventured closer, however, I see that Ken was most probably left intentionally as opposed to "simply forgotten"...you know, clicky...

Seriously, what the crap IS that?
He's...um...He's naked (save for his painted-on loafers). In addition, He appears to be holding something in his left hand there...What the Hell?...Let's take a closer look, shall we? click'em, uh huh

um...what the...
Oh dear Lord...He's...He's naked and...Well, since Ken is not anatomically complete, it appears that whomever left this doll on the table simply replaced his..."parts" with a twig...Of some sort...I'm...um...I'm certainly going to be scarred for life...

Now, you are too...Have a fine Tuesday.

Labels: ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?