<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 10, 2005

Big Time Comic Strip Contest-TIME TO VOTE!.. 


Aaaaaaand....

Time. Please close your workbooks and set your pencils aside...I'll be coming by to pick...I SAID PUT YOUR PENCILS DOWN!..Thank you...

A large "Thank you" goes out to those of you who saw fit to participate in the Big-Time October WriteDialogueForTheComic thing. Now that all of the entries have been received (oh, they have), it's time to display the results and solicit votes from the unwashed masses (that's you and I, by the way). Ready? Hells yeah, you are! LET'S DO IT!..Do I even have to tell you about clicking and making them bigger?

Andy's Effort
Properly starting things off is the effort of the first individual to take a swing at the comic. Yes, it's Andy K., whom you all know from comment-box fame. I like how Andy used the dialogue to NOT ONLY make '80s rock AND weight problem references, but to berate me for deviating from staid and traditional imagery at the same time...Duly noted! Moving on...

Sylvana Sure Found This
The 2nd person to enter the (big time) competition was ol' Sylvana (herself). I made only a couple of wee small revisions to her dialogue entry and especially enjoyed the "how do you expect me to work with this relic" exchange in the final panel...Fine work!

Kollin's Komix
Collin was the next to step up to the proverbial writin' plate...Before taking a cut at the whole thing, Collin DID warn me (and you, for that matter) that he wasn't feeling terribly inspired. I did like his "tip of the cap," if you will, towards Shaun of the Dead in the last panel there...

LIttle kids and comics
The next entry came, ironically enough, from Collin's daughter, Jordyn. Jordyn's just starting kindergarten this year, but her dialogue made about a hair more sense that her dad's did...I'm quite fond of what appears to be an advertisement for a relatively drastic acne treatment in the last panel. Clear you up, indeed!..

Shakespearean Dead Folk
The next in the line o' entries in our contest is my sister who decided to get all Shakespearean on us...um...So there's that...No rewrites here!..No siree...

Squeeeee
Continuing the parade of completed comic strips, my wife took a stab at writin' dialogue and, despite changing her mind about the last panel, she churned out a respectable effort. I do have bad news for the ghost in panel two, though: It ain't the glow makin' you look fat...

Celtic Comics
Up next, it's everyone's favorite Celt...um..."Celti" bringing NOT ONLY an obligatory Christopher Walken reference to the fight, but the word "boner" nicely worked in as well...Heh...You said "boner."

Pat Angello, you're my hero!
Finishing things up today, we have ourselves a Pat Angello sighting! (he's always the last one in on these things) This time, out the door are the homoerotic references from last time and in comes "big time funny" (at least I thought so). The last panel is my favorite...Surely...

Wait a tic...Is Neil Armstrong dead?..

Anyhow, there they are, kids. Now, all that's left is to VOTE on which one is YOUR favorite! The comment box awaits and some sort of "prize" is at stake so MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT (anyone can vote)...Best of luck to all who entered...

Labels: ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?