<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Tuesday...Afternoon... 


And so, it's Monday Tuesday afternoon and I haven't posted anything on this blogsitething since Friday. Granted, I came through with the (much beloved) photoblog but, frankly, what have I done for you lately, right? The answer: nothing.

And that's a good thing.

This past holiday weekend (the one we just had) was the first such weekend wherein I was not scheduled to work all 3 days at the radio station since I started back at said station a couple of years ago. Granted, I was ASKED to work Saturday and Sunday evening for the purposes of facilitating remote broadcasts from the Colorado Springs Balloon Classic, but I partially declined, offering only to work the no-brainer Saturday evening shift. That whole "not working" stuff afforded me the ability to engage in various holiday weekend-related activities such as "sitting on my ass" and, when I wasn't doing that, "sleeping late."

Well, almost...

My wife DID get out of bed early (before 6am) on Saturday to head off, unannounced, to "watch the balloons go up." This is NOT an activity which I enjoy partaking of, but it's one that my wife enjoys immensely. See, when she was a kid, they would rise early, all three days of the Labor Day holiday weekend, to be at Memorial Park to watch the balloons go up and, just because they could, to help out the "chase crews" who follow the balloons during events like that. Conversely, when I was a kid, I just looked up and saw the balloons in the sky, from the comfort of my back yard if they happened to make it to my neighborhood and if I happened to be awake. If they didn't, or if I wasn't, so be it, it was always good enough for me. On Saturday, though, I joined my wife to go and watch the balloons, something which she seemed to enjoy. I don't think I want to do that again.

Or was that Sunday? Hell, I can't remember...Anyway...

I have actual "content" in the works and I have actual "work" to do...Perhaps I will post something that could be considered "worth a damn" here real soon...Until then, you all have a fine shortened week...

Labels: , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?