<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 22, 2005

Still Not "Back to Normal"... 


I got a whole lot of "no post" goin' on today but, just so's you all don't feel so "cheated" when you come around, I am going to string some letters together, form a sentence or two and place it all right here. Ready? Here we go...
-----
With all of the furor over the NCAA banning any and all "native american" mascots, I figured that it was high time that I weighed in on the subject. Frankly, why should these schools drop everything and change mascots just to appease a handful of people who claim to be offended? I mean, really...What is it about these things that really pisses them off so much? Just think about it, mascots are chosen as symbols for athletic contest because they're either regal, noble, feared, fierce or all of the above. They're not chosen to poke fun at a particular ethnic group, on the contrary, they're chosen to honor them. As such, until these idiots grow up and stop claiming that everything that references native americans in any way is offensive, we here at Action Cheese News are adopting our own native american-themed mascot. Yes, kids, until further notice, this blog will be known as "the Son of Cheese: home of the (fightin') One-Sixteenth Cherokee."
-----
I saw a skunk the other day. I crossed the street to get away from it because, at the time, I was dressed in a manner that can only be described as "sharp" and didn't want to get sprayed because then people would be all like "yeah, he's a snappy dresser and all, but I don't like his cologne."
-----
Speaking of being "sharply dressed" (we were), my wife bought me two new pair of shoes over the weekend. This may not sound like much, but seeing as I've pretty much had the same pair of dress shoes for nearly 10 years, this really is a major event. It's not funny, or in any way entertaining, but it's worth sharing. Why? I don't know. It just is. Trust me.
-----
As you all know by now, my wife and I have a hand-me-down coffee maker which we received from my parents. Now, I don't want to seem ungrateful, but I think that the damn thing is "broken." I mean, I plugged it in and sat and waited, but it never "made" any coffee. I just hung around, waiting for it to spit out some of that ground-up coffee that I've seen at the store, but it never did. Of course, if it ever DID spit out some coffee, I'm not sure what I'd do with it...Should I have some water boiling just in case? Please advise.
-----
I like puddin'. Puddin' is "good.
-----
Collin and I installed one of them there "first-person shooter" type games on our computers so that, at lunch, we can engage in digitally deadly, head-to-head, commando-style "combat." You know, there's really very little that's more satisfying than putting a digital sniper bullet into the digital head of one of your co-workers and then gloating about it (digitally, of course). Granted, "Dogmeat" (Collin) has a score advantage on "Sgt. FuckNut" to this point, but believe me...Things will even out soon enough...
-----
I have it on good authority that Wilford Brimley is a "jerk." I don't know if that's relevant information or not, but I just thought that I'd pass that along.
-----

Labels: , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?