<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Who's Back?.. 


And so ends, for now, my "vacation" and subsequent "blog pseudo-hiatus." I did get a lot of things done around the house and outside while I was "away," which is good, because it all needed to be done. In addition to that, I pulled a couple of shifts at the radio station over the holiday weekend and slept most of the day on Monday (too much "workin' outside," you see). I went shopping yesterday and had dinner with my parents at their new favorite Chinese buffet...See, I've had to try and keep myself busy, because my wife is gone for a couple weeks, having traveled to Las Vegas to visit her Dad, Stepmom and Sister. I'll be flying out to join her in about a week. Until then, though, more with the "busy." The biggest difference I've noticed, being the only person in the house, is that I keep hearing all manner of "house noises," which I would probably dismiss otherwise. As it stands, while I'm alone, I'm constantly going through the "who's making THAT noise" process. Don't get me wrong, I'm not paranoid, I just always figured that, up until now, it was my wife making all the noise. Now, I realize that's not always the case...

Speaking of not being paranoid...

Yesterday, while I was working in the yard, the wind must've blown open the door that leads into the house from the garage. Now, I know that the thing doesn't always latch properly, but seeing the door ajar when I know for a fact that I closed it before going "out of sight" of the darn thing just didn't sit right with me. As such, (just to be SURE) I decided that I should "clear the house," as it were, going from room to room and checking every possible place where someone could be hiding. I realized that my sheer girth wouldn't be sufficient protection for such a task and, at this time, I don't own a gun. Because of that, I chose as my weapon the first, and most intimidating, item which I could think of: a big-ass Chinese meat cleaver...I'm sure I looked pretty comical, traipsing all over my home, checking in closets and behind shower curtains, cleaver in hand, but, as it turned out, nobody was there to witness such things...It's for the best, anyway...I keep that thing awfully sharp...

It looks like I should get back to work here, I have an ad I need to get proofed by noon AND, now, a new Captain Kia comic to draw...Hopefully, I'll have some actual "content" to share very soon...Have a fine Wednesday, kids!

Labels: , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?