<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 17, 2005

Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday-Don't Get "Smart" With Me... 


You KNOW today is Friday...Hell, you can feel it in your bones, smell it in the air and (most importantly) even read it on the calendar. As you know, one of the many things that Friday brings to you is the sheer joy that is the Phrickin' Photoblog...Now, I know that I shirked my duties this past Friday whilst I was off having the big fun in Sin City, but c'mon...I'm posting a photoblog today, so...let's just forget about the past, shall we? Like the Grass Roots said: let's live for today...

And speaking of "today," our theme "today" centers around my wife graduating from one of those stinkin' (well-respected) "liberal arts" colleges with her master's degree. Yes, yes, she's all smart and I'm...well..."not"...Anyhow, as I mentioned in an earlier post, there was family in town to witness the big event. Fortunately, some of this "family" had the foresight to bring "cameras" and were also taking "pictures." it is these "pictures" which I have the good fortune to be sharing with you all...now...oh yeah, click 'em, they'll get bigger.

Sig Heil!
Sig Heil!
Apparently, the infamous salute depicted here has yet to go out of style in some places...Hey, heil to you too, buddy!..Seriously, I think this was part of the benediction...Or something...um...Aww, crap...I'm probably going to Hell now...Let's move on...

Hey, it's Truman Capote!
And your guest speaker: Truman Capote...OK, so they CLAIMED that this guy is alumni and a doctor and a writer and develops stories for some hit television show, but they can't fool me...No sir...Begin the thawing of Truman Capote...Hell, the little guy even SOUNDED like him...MOOSE! MOOSE, you IMBECILE! Say your God-damned PRONOUNS!

and you are?
This kindly old gentleman wandered on stage at one point, donned a cap and gown and began thanking all the graduates for their...service in World War II...or something...He was confused, but they humored him...I hear tell that, after the ceremony, he was lured back to the nursing home with "cookies," kinda like the guy on that crane in Atlanta without the murder and the standoff and the water and the taser...Well, maybe a little with the taser..."Here's a nice cookie...Here's...GET HIM! zap...

I'm smarter than you
I got my maaaster's...I'm smarter than yooooouu...
Boy, she looks happy...You'd think that it took a lot of "hard work" or somethin' to get that degree...Off topic, I think that if I ever had the occasion to go for a master's degree, I'd try my best to write an "antithesis" and see how that went over...Anyway...

ack
The hood, eet chokes me!..
Seriously, this is a great picture...

Shannon, Heather and Big Al
Here's my wife, after the ceremony, with some of that "family" we were talking about earlier...from left to right, my wife's sister, my wife and Big Al, who belongs to the sister there...It was a bright and sunny day...I had a lot of sunscreen and a big floppy hat on...This is why I'm not in any of today's pictures...But I digress...

Stepmonster, Squee and Lamar
And, we close today's Phrickin' Photoblog with one more "family" picture, this one featuring my wife's stepmom, who prefers to be called "stepmonster," my wife and my wife's dad, who, incidentally, was the one who snapped all of the photos featured today (except this one, smartass)...Way to go, "wife's dad." Fine work...

Ok, kids, you all have a fine weekend!

Labels: , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?