<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Everybody Likes Prizes... 


A while back, I posted a couple of banners which I had whipped up and entered into Rocket Jones' banner contest...Also a while back, but (obviously) a wee bit after that post, I had posted the fact that I thought I might have WON said banner contest...

Winning rules, losing drools...But we all know this...Anyway...

As it turned out, I DID end up as the beeg weener, as the banner that was closest to mine in votes was slipped in anonymously by Rocket himself...Best part about all this, there was a PRIZE associated with this contest...

Gosh, I love prizes...Who doesn't, right?..

Well, not too long ago, Rocket Jones himself contacted me (via the "email") stating that he had my "prize" ready to send, all he needed was my mailing address...Being the trusting soul that I am (also greedy: c'mon, man, PRIZES) I responded in a rapid fashion with the needed information. While I was recently away on vacation, my prize arrived via the USPS...After I opened the envelope and had a look inside, I realized that I was suddenly in the presence of quite possibly the coolest prize I've ever won, rivaling even the $20 gift certificate I won when I was 9 that I spent almost solely on candy and treats at my local Alco...

Damn, that was a lot of candy...Twenty bucks worth, and them's 1983 dollars!..No wonder I was such a fat little kid...But I digress...

My (completely awesome) prize from the Rocket Man looks like THIS:
click on it to see it beeeger

'Diques
Now, I ask of you...Is that, or is that not, the coolest...prize...ever?..You may be currently scratching your leetle head, wondering what the prize actually is (probably due to the reflection in the photo). Since I'm nothing if not "helpful," I will tell you what it is...It's a collectible lapel pin of a Quebec Nordiques goalie, fool! It kicks the major ass! Anyone who knows me will know why I feel this way...Come to think of it, even if you don't "know me," you've probably got a good idea...Seriously, look at it! It's so COOL...

Anyway...

I must take this opportunity to say a hearty "thank-you" to Rocket Jones, for handing out the best prizes, bar none. This, kids, is why you should enter contests and stuff.

Labels: , , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?