<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 19, 2005

How DOES Your Garden Grow, Anyway?.. 


Have you ever decided to take on a project, no matter what that project may be, and thought to yourself "this won't be too hard," only to find out later that you were like...WAY wrong?..Of course you have...You're human...Mostly...

Anyway...

I've done this "taking on projects" while also "being human and stuff" to myself more than once over the course of the last few days, only to realize (usually while I'm trying to complete these aforementioned frickin' projects) that "completion" is gonna take a lot more that what I got, mentally, physically, financially (or all of the above)...

Case in point, I'm trying to put a little paver stone pathway in my backyard to replace an area that could currently be classified as "unsightly dirt." Uh, yeah...That didn't get done...I need to buy weed control mat material and rent a "lawn roller" for all of THAT to be completed...I also wanted to lay some sod in the front yard to eliminate (yet more) "unsightly dirt" area, but decided against it...Too much work, too little time to do it in. In addition to all of that crap, I was looking to put a garden in front of the deck in the backyard that would replace an area of "unsightly dirt" and "weeds." That didn't...

Wait a minute...THAT got done!..

Damn right, mofos, I (with the help of my wife and those bastards at Wal*Mart) got that garden dug out and framed in with garden stones, planted two lilac bushes, two rose bushes, fertilized the roses, made the dirt look pretty by covering it with bark mulch and then watered the whole damn thing. This was all accomplished in a span of 3 hours after work last night and all while (pretty much) wondering if my collarbone was really broken or just bruised and hoping it didn't snap...

It didn't snap...In fact, I think it's stronger now, kind of like a spooky, mutant bone...Boo...

So there's some good news, at least for me...My collarbone is not broken. It can't be, or I'd probably not even be typing this crap today...Also, My lazy ass got something DONE! I am now ready to bask proudly in the adulation of others...Just don't ask me when that paver stone thing is gonna be done. I'm...um...Not so sure about that...

Labels: , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?