<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 10, 2005

I'd Shop Here, But Certainly Not For Myself... 


I have, in the past, filled space on this "blog" with hastily constructed chunks of content in lieu of actual "stuff." Everyone's doin' it, why not me, right?..Of course, it seems that's all I've been doing for the past year...Hell, I dunno...

I'm not sure why, but my tiny brain has been incapable of "settling down" over the course of the last few days. I have many things that I want to accomplish, and many things knockin' around up there, including blog entries, but that damn brain thing of mine won't allow me to complete any of them, at least not to my satisfaction. As such, while my grey matter and I are at odds, I will throw a hastily constructed "fake ad" at you (and you know who you are)...I'd like to say that I've had the idea for this fake ad bumping around upstairs for quite some time, but I'd be lying. I didn't even come up with the tagline until right before I added it to the ad...I have, however, used the featured photograph for evil more than once, and knew that eventually, I'd have to use it for a fake ad. As such, I've done just that...First, the background on the idea...

Imagine if you will that there would be companies which exist only to serve the "darker sides" of things (like holidays). In this case, according to Christmas tradition, when you are a bad little boy or girl, you are to be presented (by Santa Claus, a vengeful God to be sure) with gifts of "coal." Now, imagine a scenario where said little boy or girl has been EXTREMELY bad, like "future serial killer" or "aspiring litigator" bad...Well, then, that's where specialty shopping websites such as "Peebay®" would come into play! These outfits would fill the holiday wishlists of bad little boys and girls with the exact opposite of what they wanted, surely the cruelest form of yuletide punishment...I present a "print ad" for "Peebay®" right the Hell now:


Peebay ad

Go ahead, click on it. When you do, a larger version will appear. Then you can READ the smaller text and (hopefully) "get it" and (potentially) laugh and/or chuckle. I'd appreciate it if you chuckled. It'd make me (and my evil little brain) happy.

Labels: , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?