<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Man, I Thought I had Nothing YESTERDAY... 


So, like a good little blogger, I remembered to bring my crappy digital camera to work with me today. "Well, yay for you! Why, then, aren't there awesome Christmassy pictures of your humble abode all lit up pretty-like for the (holiday) season, huh? Huh, smartass?" you ask, with that familiar, indignant tone...

Well, kids, it would seem that the smartmedia card which resides inside my (obviously obsolete) digital camera is just as broken as the crappy camera itself. So's you can share in my "pain," here's a wee narrative of just how things "went down" whilst trying to get my (greasy) mitts on those pictures...Ready? Here it comes...

So I pop the stupid little card into our new card reader at work, and I wait. Nothing happens. I figure "ok, no problem. These things happen, Maybe I need a restart." As such, I restart my 'puter. Post restart, I pop the card in again. Nothing happens. I pull the card reader out, blow on it (hey, sometimes it works), reconnect it, pop in the card again and nothing happens. I yank the card out, blow on it, reinsert it. Nothing happens. Becoming steadily irate, I try the old card reader, the one that, though it isn't as sleek and stylish as the new one, always worked before...

You guessed it, though...Nothing...Happens.

It doesn't help much, either, that my camera predates USB which means that, no matter how hard I try, there's just no way to download those pictures that I promised to show you. I may try the (bad stupid) card in another camera tomorrow, but even that's a long shot. As it stands, I'll have to get a whole new digital camera before I can post anymore snappy photoblogs, at least (snappy) photoblogs that would feature content which I would have to create outside of work.

So that's it, I guess...

Oh, wait, before you go, make sure you check out HappyFunBall's latest post. Is tres funny! She done cut and pasted unrelated chunks from other blogs (I'm actually featured TWICE, can you believe it!?) to make one (solid) entry. The complete out-of-contextness of it all is stunning, you have to see it....

Ok. That really IS it. I swear I'll try and come up with something worth reading (or listening to) real soon...Promise.

P.S.: The NHL owners and players actually held talks today. I'm not holding my breath, but lets all think positive thoughts regarding this, ok? Thanks.

Labels: , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?