<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I'll Take The "Random Thought" Combo, Please... 


After weeks and weeks of anticipation (also: being on the "edge of my damn seat"), my DSL modem arrived today (finally). This is merely my opinion, but it simply took too long to get here...I ordered the stinkin' DSL package from Earthlink way back on...Damn, when DID I order it?

...checking...

I ordered it right at the same time that I ordered our new Emac, around November 1st, but Qwest forced delays and "such." If you're familiar with DSL service, you know that it runs through the regular ol' phone line, but the line has to be "activated" for things like that. If you're not familiar...Well, you are now...Either way, Qwest took it's sweet damned time allowing said line activation...

Bastards...

No matter, though...It's all set up now...

To tell the truth, I'm pretty excited to get home and fire it up...I don't think I'll know how to act with high speed internet at home...You mean I can play poker online AND talk on the phone!? AT THE SAME TIME!? SCANDALOUS!

Speaking of decorating for christmas (oh, we were), I spent part of last night out in near sub-zero temperatures setting up some rope lights on the front porch and also getting our 8-foot inflatable Santa inflated. Overall, it wasn't terribly challenging, it was just bitter cold ("wicked cold" for those of you on the east coast). Seeing that it represents my fledgling effort at decorating a house for a holiday, it's not a bad start...I can already forsee the hanging of icicle lights and other stuff this coming weekend. I figure I'll have to stop at Walmart and get me a staple gun...feh...

Now, It's all well and good to decorate, but I sure as Hell don't want this to become a whole big "Clark W. Griswold" type of thing...Frankly, I don't have that kind of patience AND I don't want to go broke paying the utility bill...Here's hoping I can keep it simple...

Well, kids, I need to get back to work...I also need to decide what I'm getting my wife for Christmas before it's too late to have anything shipped...I have a few things in mind, and I simply need to make a damn decision. One or the other, or the other thing, or that one thing, but not ALL of 'em, don't want to spoil her, right?

If you happen to be reading this AND you happen to be my wife, you can disregard that last sentence...You know that you're getting nothing but a lump of coal...You've been bad...BAD!..That is all...

I'm playing Christmas music here at work...Overall, I get real damn tired of most of the schlock that gets played on the radio this time of year, so I'm listening to some of MY favorites, like "Santa Came Home Drunk" by Clyde Lasley or Jingle Jangle by the Penguins. Right now, it's "Blue Christmas" by (the inimitable) Leon Redbone. You love Leon Redbone...Admit it...

Admit it, or I'll send him to your house...I mean it...I will...

Labels: , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?