<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 24, 2007

So Yes, I'm Lazy...What Of It?.. 


Ok, so I'm just gonna have to stop apologizing for my astounding neglect of the ol' blog here, I've done that enough times over the course of the past couple of months and it hasn't done any damn good. Indeed, I find myself mired in the great blogpost drought of 2007 as digital tumbleweeds dance through my webspace and the dust of posts which could've been sting my eyes. Anyhow, before I go and post another awesomecast (which would be the only post for a stinkin' WEEK) I feel that I should do a little 'splainin' or somethin'. So here goes...

I'm lazy.

Believe me, I'd love to get back to telling stories and sharing witty insights, I just...Well...Maybe I'm out of 'em, or maybe I just lack the time, inclination and motivation to set fingers to keyboard and translate what's roaming through my fetid headmeats into something which you (or anyone, for that matter) could come by and read. Hell, I know that I've gone through less creative times in my life, but I'd have to work pretty hard to prove it. I DO have one little thing, though, which I find worth sharing in this poorly crafted post...

I achieved something which has made me feel that I could quit everything blog and 'cast related and have no regrets.

Now, I'm not planning to do that, regardless of whether I should or shouldn't, I'm just being honest: I had the chance to interview my absolute top-of-the-list hero. To be frank, I'm just damn lucky the man is still alive, let alone that he would grant me an interview. Hell, this is the interview I've dreamt about landing since I landed my first radio job at age 19, no lie, and because of the wonderful interweb, it became reality. As such, THAT interview jumped to the head of the line and will be posted here on Wednesday. See? You are now collectively compelled to come back and find out just what the Hell I'm talking about, aren't you? Don't lie, you are. I won't even say something like "you won't be disappointed" because, let's face it, you might be. I, on the other had, am not. Under the circumstances, the interview went even BETTER than I could've ever dreamed and I still sit dumbfounded that the guy lives a reasonably anonymous semi-retired life in sunny Florida. EVERYONE should be clamoring to talk to the man. EVERYONE should know who he is and what he's done. EVERYONE needs to gain an appreciation for what he and the other members of his group went through in the '50s and '60s...

The good news? Roughly 17 of you WILL find out (if you're patient, that is. My mystery guest may be a wee bit hard to understand. Throat cancer and a stroke will do that. As always, I suggest using headphones) And the best news? I don't care how many or how few hear it - I did it. I interviewed my hero. I got to chat with MY HERO about the weather! I got to chat with MY HERO about things that mattered to him, no matter how mundane they may seem...

I got to interview MY HERO. I hope he's your hero too. Come back Wednesday, we'll find out together.

Labels: ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?