<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 02, 2006

Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday-Hamsters! Cat! Cow!.. 


Hey, crap, it's Friday! You know, with the shortened week (and also the fact that I'm damn near out of photos to scan) this whole "Phrickin' Photoblog" thing kind of snuck up on me. Now, I figured that I had two options today regarding that...I could simply ignore it, pretend it doesn't exist and just not do one, or I could put a decent amount of thought into it and come up with a great post to share with you good people. Continuing, though, my tradition of doing things in a manner which can only be called "half-assed," I decided to take the middle road and just scan some stinkin' photos of hamsters, a cat and a cow. No, seriously, that's what I did...Don't believe me? just take a look at the pictures...
click on them, they will become larger depictions of hamsters, a cat and a cow...
HELP! I CAN'T BREATHE! LET ME OUT!
Ha ha, here we have the two hamsters which my sister and I called our pets when we were younger. Granted, we ripped through hamsters pretty quickly (they don't have a terribly lengthy life expectancy) but THESE two were around long enough that we took some pictures of them. Curled up in the corner there, that was mine, named Nikolai and the one standing up, that was my sister's, named "Madonna." That cage looks mighty clean!..Good thing, too...I didn't want to have to spend any time today Photoshopping out little hamster turds...

NIKOLAI ON THE CHAIR
Here we find little Nikolai, briefly free from the confines of that plastic box they called home. Indeed, some people are squeamish around rodents...Some people, though, allow them to tool around on their furniture. We were the latter...The hamsters were welcome members of the family...LOOK A' THEM WEE LITTLE FEET! Tell me that's not cute...Go ahead, tell me...I'll smack you in the back of the head and tell you that you're WRONG! you will then (predictably) cry and give me a look that says "what the Hell was THAT for!?" Anyhow, moving on...

Gordie Cow: The meanest milk producer west of the Pecos.
This, kids, is one of those "eatin' animals." This is a cow, to which a name was given. Yes, I believe that this was my uncle's cow (even though it was housed at my grandparent's place) and they called it "Gordie Cow." Certainly, you can see the evil which resides behind those beady cow eyes. Ultimately, this cow fulfilled it's bovine destiny and was served up as meat. Mmmmm! Cow!

Rita Kitty!
RITA! This here is a picture of my cat who, of course, is no longer with us. my sister is holding her in this shot and, as is evident by the look on Rita's face, she didn't like to be held much...

Dad and Nikolai
Here's my dad, holding Nikolai the hamster up for the camera. Look how photogenic the little guy was! Hell, he's even smiling! Certainly, Nikolai was a fine pet...The finest $3.99 could by, at least...

So forlorn, this hamster
Conversely, here we see the other hamster, Madonna, being held by my sister. Look how forlorn the little bastard was, always looking around, thinking "hey, I could be down there, having a Heck of a time." Madonna was a lot like Rita, I guess...

So there you go: pictures of hamsters, a cat and a cow. As always, thanks for stopping by...You all have a fine weekend, now...

Labels: ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?