<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 14, 2006

Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday-Viva Las PART TWO... 


Aaaaaaaand....Stop...

Hey, way to go! You managed to make it all the way to Friday...In honor of that, and in a blatant act of defiance against my current illness, I am showing what they call "stick-to-it-iveness" (or something) and rewarding you good people with the good ol', traditional Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday treatment. As you should expect, TODAY'S photoblog is the conclusion of LAST Friday's photoblog wherein I shared snapshots of our recent trip to Las Vegas. Now, I KNOW that you're all simply clamoring for the rest of those pictures so I shall not delay any further...

Ok, maybe I WILL delay...But just a tiny little bit...Heh...(doo dee doo)...

HERE COME THEM PHOTOS! Click 'em for the larger version...Seriously, it works!

It's the underwater variety of buddah
So, you may be asking yourself "why the HELL did he take a picture of THAT!?" Well, it's simple, really: This here is the only damn thing at the Shark Reef thing which would stay still long enough for me to snap it's picture. Stupid fish, always movin' and swimmin' and shit...Go to Hell, fish...Now, I don't know if this is some sort of sunken Buddah or Kali or if it just represents "pregnant and lookin' like a tick about to pop." Regardless, at least it ain't swimmin' around...

Meet the Pikes!
You know, when my wife and I visit the Las Vegas Metropolitan Area, we no longer have to stay in a hotel. No, instead WE have the luxury of having friends and family who live there and so WE enjoy the privilege of staying at someone's house. Look, it's better than you think...Seriously...Anyway, THESE fine folks were our hosts this last trip out, opening their (lovely) home to us weary travelers...That's my wife's sister Shannon there on the left, Big Al on the right and the dog in front is named Bruno...Meet the Pikes!..

SHARK! SWEET JESUS, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
SHARK! OH, SWEET JESUS! SWIM FASTER! SHARK!

Big Al and his high-tech camera
This here is Big Al, standing in his living room, holding his camera. I'd like you all to make note of how HIS camera is all "high-tech" and "super cool" while MY camera is...well..."not." Of course, you can't SEE my camera in this shot for comparison...Um...'Cause it's busy...You know..."taking the picture." But trust me on this: Big Al's stuff is cooler than mine...

Andy and his present
This here is our old buddy Andy (the one who ripped my arm damn near off) proudly displaying the 'Burgh" jersey which my wife and I picked up for his birthday...Look at what a HAPPY bison he is! He was SO happy, in fact, I almost didn't have the heart to tell him that the thing only cost eight bucks...That's right, kids: Steve and Barry's rocks!

Lotus (1-2-3)
And this here is where we'll end today's photoblog, with a shot of a REALLY expensive car that my wife and I observed traveling along on C470 outside of Denver during our drive home. Yes, kids, THAT is a Lotus Elise, which is handcrafted in small numbers at the Lotus factory in Hethel, England (according to the Lotus website) and runs just around $43,000 dollars (US) for the basic model, no upgrades. Granted, that kind of money can get you nothing more than a crappy paint job on a new Ford GT, but it's still a pretty penny regardless...

So that's that, another "trip-to-Vegas" photoblog in the books. Thanks for stopping by, kids, and have a great weekend...

Labels: ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?