<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 17, 2006

Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday-Oh, The Places You'll Go... 


This week has gone by faster than...Well, a very fast thing. Suddenly, I find Friday staring me in the face and begging for yet another Phrickin' Photoblog. Today, seeing as I failed to bring with me the items that I had planned to post, we'll be sharing with you pictures of touristy destinations all across this great land. Are you all packed and ready to go? Good. Let's get this thing fired up and on the road...
When you click them, they swell up (but not with pride)

America's Theatre Beautiful
Ah, yes. Here's a picture of a place that you can no longer visit. This is the Cinema 70 here in town back before it was sold off and turned into a motorcycle showroom. My father was the manager of this theatre for a number of years when I was growing up which meant that my sister and I were afforded the opportunity to see many a free movie (while gorging on many free snacks). Ah, the memories...

totem? No way, I hire someone to do that for me.
Here's a picture that came from a trip to Alaska which my parents took some years back. I'm not sure whether every ratty-ass convenience store/lodge in Alaska has a totem pole out front, but this one sure does. So yeah...There's that...

The World's Highest Suspension Bridge, Bitches!
Here's a picture I took when I was in elementary school during a field trip to the Royal Gorge Bridge (world's highest suspension bridge). I haven't been back since but I do remember feeling very uneasy while crossing the bridge. That damn thing is pretty frickin' high...

HELLO, LONG BEACH!
Here's a picture taken way back in...1980...Yeah, 1980 during our trip to California. Here we see the bow of the Queen Mary and the city of Long Beach in the distance. That was a pretty fun day...

That there is the municipal water supply.
All the way back to Alaska, now, with a picture of the Palmer water tower and some very majestic mountains in the distance. Yep...

This is great and all, but when to we meet the hunchback?
Well this here is where all good Catholics go when they root on their football team. I don't rightly know who took this picture outside of Notre Dame Stadium but the back of the picture pretty much says it all for me. Indeed, written in astonished long hand on the reverse is the sentence "we actually went to Notre Dame," as if it's some forbidden land or something...It would've been cooler if our mystery photog could've gotten us some candids of Touchdown Jesus. Maybe next time...

Where the Air Force Officers worship Jesus
Finally, we end our touristy tour of photographic goodness at the spot where all good Air Force officers worship the Lord, the Air Force Academy Chapel (conveniently located on the Grounds of the USAFA at the extreme north end of Colorado Springs). The place is not only cool from the outside, it's pretty darn neat on the inside as well. Heck, I might even go so far as to call it an "architectural marvel." Ooh, pretty,,,

So that's that, kids...You all have a fine weekend and we'll see you on Monday...Or whenever...

Labels: , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?