<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 20, 2006

Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday-Man, I Hate Snow... 


Ok, kids. Welcome to Friday. I don't mean to be short with you, but I've got some stuff that I need to do, so (fanfare) here comes the Stupid Photoblog thing. (more fanfare). It snowed real good last night which meant, among other things, that I had to get up early and shovel the driveway and sidewalks before I went into work (we're talkin' "pre-dawn" stuff: I'm not a "morning person"). Anyhow, today's photoblog features images which were captured just mere minutes ago and that detail some of the cold and snow and ice and misery. ROLL FILM!
When you click, they enlarge and I know that you like it large.

I done shoveled.
Here's a view down my newly shoveled driveway from this morning. As you can see, we don't have "covenants" in my neighborhood...You can see this because of the pumpkin colored house on the left and the pink friggin' house right in the middle...Weirdos...

where's the Peak?
Here's a view looking west down my street toward the Peak which you can't even see...We don't live on one of those "arterials" so we don't get plowed...I'm not amazed by that so much, but I am amazed at the amount of people who don't use their garages to store their vehicles. EVERYBODY on our street, without exception, has a two-car garage. I would say that less than half actually use said garage for it's intended purpose...Weirdos...

This thing weighs like...30 pounds.
Before we go any further today, I'd like to show you my new winter coat which was a Christmas gift from my wife. This thing has one of those zip-out reversible liners and it weighs, seriously, like...20 pounds...It came in handy this morning, though, when I was out shovelin'...Just as a point of interest, it's not leaning against anything in this picture: it's so heavy that it stands up on it's own...

view down Cheyenne Rd
So the last thing my wife said to me before she left this morning was "drive safely." Well, kids, what could be more safe than trying to take a picture while you're driving down a really icy road, huh? I took a "back way" into work this morning and this is the view looking west down Cheyenne road from my truck. It's one of those "arterials" that we talked about earlier...Ironically, it looks like it didn't get plowed either...Way to go, City workers!..

view northeast toward the bluffs
Here's a panoramic view of the city, looking northeast, from the parking lot at work...Stupid snow...brr...

hey, way to go, Todd
Here's a view of the maintenance guy's stellar plow work...He claims that the plow conked out on him last night and here, you can see exactly where...You can also see where a deer, or some other animal, walked through the unplowed portion...Way to go, deer!..

Na na na na...
Finally, I have a shot which should tell you that it's cold outside today...This is the power plant across the interstate as seen from the back parking lot at work...Those aren't giant smoke clouds, those are steam clouds, towering hundreds of feet into the crisp winter air...Brr...

So there's that, kids...Enjoy your weekend and stay warm...We'll see you on Monday...

Labels: ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?