<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Son of A Bitch Saturday Photo Display!.. 

Mostly because I am a complete cheap-ass frugal individual, like we've already discussed, I was fearful of having to issue a refund to Andy (as demanded in his comment) over my not having a Phriday Photoblog...How am I ever going to refund precious time spent at work checking blogs for updates that don't occur!? Torn, confused, weepy: that's me..Still, as they say, the show must go on and so, without further ado: a post

And so, because of various meteorological phenomena which I COULD tell you about, but that would surely "bore the snot out of you," we woke up to a significant amount of what most experts call "snowfall" this morning...The thing is, much like with most of the "weather" that we get in this area, it hit quickly, dumping a good 6 inches at my house sometime between 1am (when I went to bed: beautiful evening, no snow, light breeze) and 7:30 am (when I woke up: all kinds of friggin' snow!). It is a mostly wet, and kind of heavy, snow which has made the shoveling a mostly tedious chore...It melted some in the early afternoon, but then a couple more inches fell on top of that so now, at 9:33 pm on Saturday, we've got ourselves a nice layer of ice covered over with a weird, powdery layer of snow (a personal injury lawyer's wet dream of sorts)...It's certainly no wonder that the law enforcement entities in our area are on cold reporting status...

Nevertheless, I'm safe and warm, firmly ensconced in my dwelling, not wishing to roll the dice on the "risk-reward" factor of trying to do some Christmas shopping, figuring that Wal*Mart might be "mostly dead" due to this whole "severe weather" thing...Granted, it's tempting, but I've decided to spend my time instead posting "content" for those of you who would be inclined to look to me (and this blogsitething) for such things...How's about some pictures of what's been falling all around my house, huh? Here we go clicky for the bigger:

What a crappy, crappy day.
roughly 8:00am...Wow, what a crappy day...And it was so nice yesterday...Granted, this ain't the midwest where you can end up thoroughly buried by snow and ice, but this is pretty crappy nonetheless. You can see the fruits of my shoveling labor in this photo, a task which I had to do all over again at about 4:30pm...

Snow on the bushes!
Here are the bushes...Look a' tha' snow!..It's...um..."cold" and stuff...

Snow On The Porch Railing!
Aaaand there's the front porch...Snowy...

View Down The Road
Aaandd a view down the road...As you can see: not on an arterial...No snow plow...No sand...No problem.

Dammit! My hands are COLD!
So my wife asked me, after I had shoveled the walk and the driveway, whether the snow was "good snowball-makin' snow." I told her to go and check for herself...I'd say from the looks of that healthy lump of snow in her hands that, yes...It is indeed "snowball-makin' snow." At least she didn't throw it at me...

time for a hearty breakfast...or something.
And finally, here I am in my garage having finished all of the shoveling (the first round, at least). Despite the fact that I am feigning good cheer, remember one thing: I absolutely despise snow...

So that's that...You all have a fine (rest of your) weekend and drive safe, regardless of what kind of weather you're getting hit with...On Monday I'll either continue on with my Las Vegas recap or chronicle the company Holiday Party from Friday night...Either way: I'm bound to use some curse words...Good times...

Labels:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?