<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 16, 2005

Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday-Where You At?.. 


And so, despite the other days' insistence upon striking Friday from our vocabulary, FRIDAY SIMPLY SHALL NOT BE HELD DOWN! Nay, like those plucky weebles, it just keeps comin' back for more...In honor of Friday's legendary toughness (and determination, no less), I shall (once again) bring to you the glory and pageantry that is the Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday...Today's theme?..Um...Is..."Stuff...That I've Seen (or maybe not, in certain cases)"...I know that, by now, you must be on the edge of your seat, foaming at the mouth in sheer anticipation...As such, I won't keep you waiting any longer...HERE COME THOSE PICTURES! You click, they'll get all big for ya

holy shit, it's the Queen mary!
Holy CRAP! That's the QUEEN MARY!..You see, way back when I was a little kid, I was totally geeky about ships. I was quite obsessed with the Titanic and the Lusitania and stuff. Of course, since those ships rest at the bottom of the ocean, the next best thing for me, way back in 1980, was to see the Queen Mary. This was as part of a family vacation to California when I was in 1st grade...We saw Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm and, obviously, the Queen Mary...It's haunted, you know...

The world's highest suspension bridge
This is the Royal Gorge Bridge, located outside of Cañon City, Colorado. It's greatest claim to fame is that it is, in fact, the world's highest suspension bridge. This picture was taken from the tram that also spans the gorge by me in 1985.

waist deep snow!
You see, way back in 1987 (I can't remember which month), we had ourselves quite the snowstorm. As you can see, there was over a foot of the vile stuff on the ground, weighing down roofs and trees and making shoveling quite the chore...Not that I'd know, I doubt I shoveled any of it...Anyway, LOOK AT ALL THE SNOW!..

America's Tallest Mountain
Here's one of those "I haven't yet been" places...This is a shot of Mt. Mckinley in Alaska, taken by my mom (believe it or not) from the AIRPLANE as they were flying over...That's America's tallest mountain, right there, kids...As I was saying, this here is an aerial shot of Mt. Rainier in Washington. I think what my mom did was to find a mural that had this shot, and then she took a shot of that to make it look like SHE took the photo from the air...Crafty!

Lord Stanley's Cup
Yes, that is THE Stanley Cup...Yes, I got to see it...No, I did not touch it (my dad did, though)...This was during one of the Cup's travel stops during the 2001 Stanley Cup Finals and, yes...The Avalanche DID claim the cup that season on the strength of a 7-game victory over those New Jersey Devils...

smashy!
This was the front end of our 1979 Pontiac Grand Prix after some lady ran a stop sign and hit my dad when he was on his way home from work. Of course, it eventually got fixed, but some things just need to be preserved for posterity...This was before such modern advances as "safety" and "crumple zones." Dad was fine, though...Just fine...

Lincoln's Fixin' to Die...
We finish up today with a shot of when I traveled back in time so I could save Abraham Lincoln from assassination...As you can see, I got my time zones screwed up and only showed up in enough time to snap a picture of him, staring at the ceiling, fixin' to die...Ok, I'm lying...This was the "Abraham Lincoln Fixin-To-Die Exhibit" at the now extinct "Hall of Presidents," which was a wax museum over on 21st street...Wax museums are creepy...

So there's that, kids...As always, thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend. I know I will: it's the first weekend in God-knows-how-long that I DON'T HAVE TO WORK!..Good bye, radio station!...Hello "doing nothing!" Heh...

Labels: , , , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?