<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 21, 2005

Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday-Phashion Phaux Pas!.. 


And once again, much like what we experienced about this same time last week, we find ourselves on "Friday." What with our being so close to the end of October and, by the same token, so close to Halloween, I decided to hunt down photos for today's Phrickin' Photoblog which depicted myself "all done up" for the trick-or-treatin' through the years...

Of course, I couldn't find any pictures like that...

As such, I went with what surely is the next best thing: a compendium, if you will, of what NOT to wear (on a daily basis, even, not just Halloween)..."Fashion faux pas" through the years, if you will (and with all of the photos I've got from the 1970's, believe me, there are a lot of fashion errors to display...trimming the field to a total of 7, in fact, turned out to be a challenge). Anyhow, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride...Actually, before we begin, I should offer the following disclaimer: Some of the images you are about to see depict severe fashion errors. If you have a weak constitution, or are exceptionally fond of clothing, you may want to turn away from the screen...With that said, Here we go...

nice pants, Grandma
What better way to start off a phashion phaux pas photoblog than with yours truly gussied up in a powder blue leisure suit and an orange turtleneck? That's my grandmother Lila giving me the hug there and the lady in the stylish glasses on the left is my late great-grandma Reed. Certainly, you must now be thinking to yourself "nice pants, Grandma...Who shot the couch?" I guess plaid was the thing in the '70's. Who knew?..

camo jumper? CAMO JUMPER!?
Moving BACKWARD in time here, we have one of those "baby's first Christmas" type pictures from December of 1974. Now, ignoring the fact that my mom has some sort of half wedding dress, half nightgown thing on, I really have to wonder why the HELL I had that woodland camo jumper on? Seriously, was I all set to go bag a few bucks after we opened presents? At the very least, it appears that my hair has yet to get out of control at this stage of my life...Gotta grab for the positives, here...

you gonna get BUSTED!
Moving away from myself as subject matter, but staying in the 1970's, here we find my sister playing with her friend "Lori." Now, not only is Lori displaying inappropriate use of a hand tool, but my sister seems to bee taking great pleasure in pointing out that she's about to be totally busted, via photographic evidence, for defacing this tree. Now, that's all well and good, but seriously: CHECK OUT MY SISTER'S PANTS! Remember, this was way back in like...1976, so she was SO FAR AHEAD OF THE CURVE re: "wearing baggy pants backward"...Kriss Kross apparently ripped HER off! *wikky wikky*! M.C. Heado in the Hizzouse! Oh yeah: Lori's pants look like shelf paper. This photo is like GOLD, people!..

lookin' sharp, Dad
seriously, this picture speaks for itself...Nice shirt, dad.

nice helmet, kid
Who loves ya, baby? Yes, kids, that is, in fact, the late, great Telly Savalas. This picture was taken at Vail in July of 1980 during a celebrity golf tournament. Now, it's not ol' Kojak who's style of dress I'm taking umbrage with or even Mr. Man-tits in the background there with his bold maroon and blue ensemble. No, the fashion faux pas du jour in THIS photo is that of our unknown young autograph seeker. Seriously, how often can you find a kid, dressed in earth-tone stripes and khaki shorts, sporting a bright orange batting helmet? Was he afraid of errant golf balls, or was he simply afraid that Kojak would get a little physical with him? Either way, whomever you are, way to go, kid...way to go...

Great shirt, Mary Beth
Granted, the lighting was not so good for this picture, but it'll have to do...This is my aunt Mary Beth, sporting the Christmas gag gift shirt from 1998. Indeed, Mary Beth doesn't dress like this on purpose, nor on a regular basis, unlike our next featured individual...

great shirt, peggy
Yes, kids, we wind up today's not-so-Phashionable Photoblog with my aunt Peggy(on the left there) displaying such egregious fashion error that even my sister, at a mere 3 years of age (almost 4, though) can readily see the problem and is subsequently smacking her forehead in amazement. Indeed, the post-Oktoberfestive Pigtails paired with the "patchwork hobo" style shirt certainly would bring a tear to they eye of more than just Mr. Blackstone...Seriously, though, I wonder if Peggy still has this shirt...

So that's that, kids! Have a fine Friday and enjoy your weekend!..

Labels: ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?