<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 14, 2005

Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday-Deuce!.. 


Hey, look at that! It's already Friday! You know, I was all prepared last night, having armed myself with a stack of photographs which I was going to tote in to work and scan and share and then everyone who stumbled across this blogsitething today was gonna be all like "man, look at them photos!" Yeah, I was all prepared...

And then I forgot the photos...

Look, in my defense, I was busy "growing up" and, as a side effect of all of that, I was transferring the contents of my backpack (not generally regarded as a professional conveyance for stuff) to an actual "briefcase" (it's a kind of vintage looking one that I bought off of a friend of mine at her garage sale some time ago). What this all means is, like I already said: I FORGOT TO GRAB THE FRICKIN' PHOTOS!..Never fear, though, for I have found (yet another) treasure trove of images stashed away on my 'puter here at work (where I now arrive toting a briefcase and looking PROFESSIONAL, if you can ignore the fact that I'm showing up dressed in warmup pants and a hockey jersey). These images chronicle the (now fabled) "Bear Creek Beatdown" tennis event which took place (way back) in July of 2003 (which is not only pre-Son Of Cheese, but pre-this-round-of-goatee) and featured yours truly (teamed up with "that Scott guy who sits over there") against Frank (who's voice was featured on the Frank's Kraut Juice spoof) paired up with our former resident Canadian, Cameron. That, kids, is enough typing for now...ON TO THE IMAGES!..Yes, if you click them, they grow...HUGE

'de good guys
Before we get too far into this thing, I figured it would be a good idea to show you the combatants who appeared in this (now epic) tennis battle. depicted above are "the good guys" (yay). On the left, there, fiddling in his pocket, is that Scott guy. That milk-bottle with the hat and topsiders on the right is me. 2003 was also pre-me-owning-New-Balance-Shoes. Anyhow, we's 'de protagonists!

'de baaaaad guys
And here we have the bad guys (boo). On the left is Frank and back on the right, appearing as ready as ever, is Canadian Cameron. He's from Vancouver, eh?

scott servin' 'de ball
Look at how Scott keeps his eye squarely on the ball whilst he serves! Fine technique there, buddy! Also, good lookin' foot-fault he's got goin' on, wouldn't you agree?..

intensity, thy name is Frank
Intensity, thy name is Frank. Just look at the determination he exudes! Also: Observe the hip-hop, I-left-my-wallet-in-El-Segundo-style shorts he's got on...A little bit of trivia about Frank: he always brought a cooler full of beer to these tennis things...He also enjoys pizza...In addition, he collects frogs, for some strange reason...

determined to hit that ball!
And here we see that, while I can match Frank's determination and intensity when we play the tennis, I just can't return his serves...Nice shoes, there! Also: I really REALLY need to tan. A lot...

dejection...
Ah, dejection, thy name is Frank. This frame here depicts a rare moment wherein I was able to hit some lousy "drop-shot," or put an insane amount of spin on my return. See that look on Cameron's face? He's probably offering some bit of Canadian wisdom in a terribly polite manner...

protect your face!
And here, we find ourselves at the end of today's photoblog exhibition with a picture of me doing a fine job of protecting my face. Now, I can't guarantee that the ball was actually coming TOWARD my face, but it's always a good idea to "not get hit in the face." The rest of my tennis game will come around eventually, but I don't take 'em in the head...Nosiree...

So that's that! You all have a fine Weekend...

Labels: ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?