<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 02, 2005

Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday-Kickin' It "Old School"... 


And it's finally Friday, the day when all your yearning and pining is rewarded with the display of (yet another) Phrickin' Photoblog...Today's exhibition contains photographs of yours truly in various states of immaturity...Seriously, more so than normal, these are like...Actually when I was a little kid...And so, without further delay (or even a-do), here we go:
do I even have to tell you about the clicking?

struggling for control
Ah, yes...We see here exactly how "in-demand" I was when I was a baby. Observe how my sister, there on the left and my Maternal grandmother (the aged female on the right) struggle to wrest control of me from one another. "I wanna hold him!" "No, it's MY turn!" You'd think that I had some sort of magical power...Or perhaps...Perhaps they're struggling to GET RID of me...hmmm....

"You take him!"

"I don't want him, he smells!"

mom and I
My dad takes great pleasure in letting me, and everyone else, know that I was crowned "ugly baby of the month" when I was born in March of 1974 (Apparently, if you believe his stories, I barely lost out on the prestigious title of "ugly baby of the year" to some kid with one eye and a goofed-up arm). Anyhow, here's a great shot which shows, in all of it's glory, my enthusiasm (also: panache). Look at how energetic I was! Good lord, was I on downers? SNAP OUT OF IT, KID!

mom and I again
Aaaand, here we are, same situation, some months later. We see that not much has changed and it also appears that we were too poor to afford scissors. Now, my mom will just counter that I didn't WANT my hair to be cut, so she didn't cut it. That's great, mom...Take orders from a completely apathetic toddler. Or infant. What am I there? I do have stylish '70's overalls on...I can be sure of that...

too fast, not quite furious enough
that's right, movin' SO DAMN FAST on that Big Wheel that I can't even stay in the shot! NYOOOOM! Again, it appears that the hair was not destined to be cut for some time...It's really no wonder why people thought I was a girl...Horrifying...

turning 2: like turning 1, but better
And here we are on my 2nd birthday. Observe the cake which sports two lit candles! I seem to be enamored with the bounty that is laid out before me, especially the miniature baketball game. I would later put the big red basket there to good use, when I removed it from the backboard and wore it as a crash helmet on future Big Wheel excursions...CUT...MY...HAIR...Damn...

me and the foot
and it's here that we end today's phrickin' photoblog, with a shot that shows that my hair, at the very least, was trimmed, which I guess is better than nothing. That's my sister on the left, there, proudly displaying her dress for the camera whilst I simply appear to have wandered aimlessly into the shot. Hell, I got "food" in my right hand and a completely blank look on my face. Trust me, in the nearly 30 years that has elapsed since this picture was taken, not much has changed in THAT department...

You all have a fine weekend...Stay out of trouble, eat your vegetables and cut your damn hair, you filthy hippy...

Labels: ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?