<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 29, 2005

Not Doing Much Of Anything, Frankly... 


Welcome to the day commonly known as "back-to-work Monday." In keeping with the intended theme of the day, I am at "work," doing what could commonly be called "working." At least until right now, I guess. Yes, now I'm typing up a cheap-ass entry for you folks to read when you come around to this...Thing I do here...

Anyhow...

This past weekend wasn't terribly eventful, but things DID "happen," as it were. I did my air shift at the radio station on Saturday morning and then set about to mowing the lawn(s) when I got home. I made it through the front lawn and was in the process of edging it (and stuff) when a friend of mine, whom I haven't seen in over 5 years, pulled up in front of my house. I chatted with him about various things for about an hour or so and, as such, was unable to get to that "back lawn" because, by then, 'de storms were rollin' in. Just in case you're wondering, in the summer, we get an afternoon thunderstorm just about every day here...I love a good thunderstorm...

Anyway...

On Sunday, we had ourselves one of them "live online drafts" for one of the fantasy football leagues which I participate in. I'm optimistic about my chances, mostly because I landed Ladanian Tomlinson as my first pick. I'm set and ready to roll, ladies and gentlemen...Just bring on that NFL regular season...

And speaking of "regular seasons," opening day for the NHL is fast approaching. Well, ok...It's approaching. It really can't come fast enough for my liking...I'm so excited about the whole thing that I'm participating in Rocket Jones' Hockey Whoopass Jamboree again. It'll be especially exciting since we'll have actual NHL teams to talk the requisite smack about. If you need more information on the Jamboree, you can find out about it at Rocket's blogsitething.

Well, I hate to cut things short, kids, but I have a date with a digital sniper rifle which, in turn, has a date with a digital bullet that has Collin's digital head as it's prime target. Enjoy your day!

Labels: , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?