<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 05, 2005

Content Alert: Heads Up, Santa Fe, New Mexico... 


Action Cheese News regrets that technical problems still thwart our best effort to present our regularly scheduled "Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday" program. These technical problems include, but are not limited to "me not going over to my parents' house last night to grab old photos and stuff." So there...Anyhow, we here at "the Cheese" would like to take this time to invite you to stick around for our following special presentation...

ok, so if you've been comin' around for a while, you're more than likely familiar with the "radio" and "print" advertisements which I did a while back for Big Ass Hotdog...While I enjoyed putting that whole thing together and while it DID hit big with our boys in Iraq (remind me to tell you that story at a later date), Hot Dog Man, who is undoubtedly the "star of the show" in the grand scheme of things, was not created just for the campaign. Nay, the campaign was created around him, as he existed prior to my coming up with anything resembling the fake ad campaign...Hell, as you (may) well know, Hot Dog Man is one of the items which I sent to Sweden to have David Gunnarson paint onto my goalie helmet...Anyway...You know him...He looks like this:

Well, kids, I'm proud to report that good ol' Hot Dog Man has made the jump to "legitimate media," as it were...Sure, he required a little dental work and some eyebrows, but he made it...I'll elaborate, read on...

See that thing? That was the top portion of an advertising insert which I did earlier in the week for one of our dealers in Santa Fe, New Mexico (cleaner than regular Mexico). As you can see, on the right hand side there, I was able to sneak in a (cleaned up) illustration of a guy singing, which I had lying around...That, though, is not Hot Dog Man...Where is he? Let's take a closer look, shall we?

Yep, there's ol' singer guy, singin' his fool heart out in a vain attempt to become the next New Mexican Idol...As an afterthought, I was instructed to add the "Free Hot Dogs (and shit)" burst. Soooo, as an afterthought, I added something of my own...Let's go in for a closer look...

Holy crap, there he is! It's our old buddy Hot Dog Man with a purty new smile and some of them new-fangled "eyebrows" that everybody makes such a big deal about...Way to go, buddy! I guess it's true what they say, if you want to hit it big, you have to go with the cosmetic surgery...So, if any of you happen to be in the Santa Fe (New Mexico) area...um...way to go...I guess...I dunno...

Anyhow, you all have a fine weekend...And yes, because I said so...

Labels: , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?