<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Just A Little Peek... 


As I mentioned on Friday, in honor of my wife graduating with her master's in teaching (specializing in integrated natural science, or something like that), some of my wife's family flew into town. Specifically, my wife's sister Shannon and her boyfriend, Aldie were supposed to have landed here in Colorado Springs right around 6:55 in the P.M. on Friday...Seeing that they were flying America West Airlines, though, things got all "FUBAR," which seems to be company policy for those bastards...As such, after we completed our 9:00 softball game on Friday night, my wife and I cleaned up a bit and drove up to Denver to pick up Al and Shannon at around 2:45 in the A.M.

Not ideal, to say the least, but they got here...

Anyhow, Aldie, who prefers to be called "Al," just happens to sport the last name "Pike." It's reported that he's somehow descended from Zebulon Pike, for whom Pike's Peak is named. Of course, in addition to the famous mountain, ol' Zeb has lent his name to countless local landmarks, from the city's juvenile detention center to an award-winning rib restaurant (and everything in between). Due to this fact, "Big Al" has been snapping shots of all of the local "Pike's Peak" signs which he can find...I guess I would do the same thing if there were a Knight's Peak somewhere...

But that's beside the point...

We were discussing business naming opportunities for Al, due to his famous name, over lunch on Sunday when he came up with the idea to open a strip club (he lives in Las Vegas, after all) and christen it "Pike's Peek." I immediately proclaimed that his idea was "genius" and decided to "run with it," as it were. As such, I now present to you a "teaser ad" (pun alert) for the future grand opening of such a "gentleman's establishment." You, of course, can click, on the "ad" to make it "readable" (also: larger)...

Now, if you happen to be offended by "cleavage," turn back now...I warned you...

take a peek
I'm hoping that the ad meets with the approval of Big Al himself...In addition to the print ad, I'm hoping to record a fake radio ad for the joint before Al leaves town. After all, what would a commercial for Pike's Peek be without a cameo from the "owner?" Uh huh...That's what I thought, too...

Labels: , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?