<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Hey, Ice Cream Man! HEY!.. 


I'm currently taking a break from fucking shit up completing projects in the backyard and figured that I could take this opportunity to compose a quick post (like this one, right here)...Ready? Good...Here we go...

So the "Ice Cream Man" drove by my house while I was replacing a sprinkler in the front yard...I usually wouldn't mention something so commonplace except for the fact that this was no ordinary purveyor of frozen treats...Nay, this one was something completely different...You see, it got my attention due to the awesome music emanating from the truck...Usually, these brightly colored wagons of treaty doom spew some of the lousiest, tinniest carnival shit music I've ever had the misfortune to hear, but NOT THIS ONE...This one got my attention because it was blaring the theme to Monty Python's Flying Circus...Damn right! Hell, I was so impressed by this fact that I was this close to buying something from said truck. Alas, I couldn't as I have no cash on me following our excursion to Dave and Buster's on Thursday...Having the "big fun" costs money, it would seem...

In other news, I've been "tagged" to do one of those "meme" posts by GIR at Maison Moosey Fate. Since I have nothing else to post, and since I have no good reason NOT to do the thing, Here are my responses to the queries posed...

1) Total number of films I own on DVD/video:
Oh, I dunno...It's most likely approaching 200, but a large percentage of that total would be VHS as I am still in the (exccruciatingly slow) process of buying DVDs...I just have other stuff to spend money on, unfortunately...

2) The last film I bought:
Man, THAT'S a good question, I'm really not sure. I can safely say that it WOULD HAVE been Napoleon Dynamite, but Wal*Mart was out of stock the day I had it in my head to buy it...I think that was back in April...I don't think I've ventured back to the DVDs there since...

3) The last film I watched:
National Treasure...Not the worst film ever, but nowhere close to being the best...Interesting premise, though...Damn Freemasons...

4) Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me
Disorganized Crime
Indiana Jones, et al
Inherit The Wind
Manhattan Melodrama
After The Thin Man
(There's lots more, but...Well...There's 5)

5) Tag 5 people and have them put this in their journal/blog:
um...nah...I'm good, thanks...

So there you go, kids...As always, thanks for stopping by...I'm gonna go get some lunch, and maybe WATCH A MOVIE...heh...you all have a fine Memorial Day Weekend...

Labels: ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?