<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 18, 2005

Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday: Random Edition... 


Not too long ago, my wife and I were going through some "stuff" in one of the "rooms" in our house. The purpose of this excavation has faded from my memory, but, among the items which were unearthed during said expedition into the unknown happened to be a pile of random photographs. In honor of the fact that it's Friday, and since I have nothing else to post today, I have decided to share some of these (thoroughly random) photos with all of you. Ready? We begin...
Reminder: you click on any of these pictures and a REAL BIG one will pop up. You know, for "viewing purposes."

little Derek, big shoe
We start off with a charming photo of myself, obviously a kleptomaniac at a very young age. That's my dad's shoe that I'm carrying around. I left this photo uncropped so that you could see the "double-stack" television and the horrid burnt orange carpeting. The TV on the top worked, the one on the bottom did not, at least that's the story I've received. But that chair! And that carpet! And my hair!..

wedding day
Here's a picture of my mom all dressed up and ready to marry my dad. Dig those glasses!

mom Powers
Speaking of mom playing "dress up," here she is on Halloween a couple years back as Austin Powers. Again, dig those glasses!

carryin' her around
Here I am at a family reunion about 5 years ago, carrying my wife around with a technique called the "fireman's carry." I'm not a fireman, but I can tell you one thing: People who get "carried around" like this for an extensive period of time have a better chance of "throwing up" than not. Just FYI...

on my ass
In this picture, it appears that everything that could have gone wrong, has gone wrong. I'm missing my blocker, my stick is laying on the ice and, obviously, I'm on my ass. I can perhaps attribute my dejected state to the fact that I'm not wearing any of my new equipment in this photo, especially my cool new helmet...

big helmet, little head
And speaking of my new helmet. here it is (and here I am) before it was (masterfully) painted by David Gunnarsson in Sweden. This picture reminds me of Stephane Beauregard for some reason...Eh...

Widefield Line
And speaking of hockey, here is a (rare) photograph of the feared "Widefield Line" which so often participated the inline hockey pickup games at the now defunct Bosanova skate palace. The Widefield Line was so named because it was made up of myself, Ryan, Darren and Justin who all attended Widefield High School at one time or another. I'm not sure why I'm not throwing the "W" in this shot and I'm also not sure why Darren looks so much like Adam Sandler...

Drivin' In Boston
Here I am, driving a rental car through one of the numerous suburban areas of Boston, Massachusetts. I'm not sure how I managed to crack a smile, let alone flash my patented "goofy face," because the assholes fine folks of the Boston area drive with seemingly one purpose: to rack up as many kills as possible. The eastern seaboard is really beautiful and is a very nice place to visit. That said, driving there can really be Hell on earth...I don't know how those massholes do it every day...

Mom lookin' consternated
Consternation, thy name is mom. I'm not sure what was going on that she would possibly be reacting to in this (classic) photograph, but it surely is one of my favorites. I'm thinking that this would be a great "Christmas card" shot. At the very least, it's a great photo with which to end another Phrickin' Photoblog Phriday. Have a great weekend, kids!

Labels: , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?