<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 07, 2005

Liquor In The Front, Poker In The... 


Hey, it's Monday already! It's a crappy, cold, snowy day here which is made even worse by the fact that, prior to it getting all cold and snowy, it was all "rainy." That means that all of the roads around town, with precious few exceptions, are quite treacherous. I hear tell that there was even a large pileup of cars this morning where I would usually get onto the interstate. Due to that fact, I was forced to utilize a number of "alternate routes" to get to work today, all the while dodging the other "drivers" on the road...Things is crappy and are probably only gonna get crappier...

Wish me luck in getting home later...

So, in case you weren't paying attention, or just don't like "football," there was this "big game" on the television yesterday. I'll admit, I wasn't paying a whole crapload of attention to the damn thing because A: I don't like either of the teams who were participating in the game and B: I was busy taking the money of the people who threw the party which I attended during the poker tournament which they organized...I love playing that game of poker! It's fun, especially when you can make money while doing it. I officially took 2nd place (out of 10 or 11 players) in the tournament, but was really just trying to end the whole thing by going "all in" on every hand once it came down to the last 2 players (myself and a congenial drunk fella' named "Brian"). Eventually Brian called my all-in and won. Even though the loss didn't completely break me, I was dead set on going home, so I conceded. Still, I had fun and, more importantly, made some money...Nothing better than that, right?

For any "law enforcement" personnel who may stumble upon this entry: no money changed hands! Only pride and, c'mon, pride is PRICELESS!..Anyway...

I performed a few "housekeeping" things related to the ol' blog today, including rearranging (slightly) a couple of the sidebar links which lead to other blogs. One, which I had moved to the "retired" section because she had said ON HER BLOG that she was "hangin' 'em up" did NOT, in fact, quit blogging...As such, even despite the fact that she's a flaming liberal, I still think that there's SOME redeeming quality to her writing, so I moved her back (barely) under the header of blogs which I read. Another, which I had denoted as "active," has not updated since...Well, since a long damn time ago....As such, I've moved it under the retired header...

Look, kids...If you're gonna be a damn quitter, just do it! Stick with it and quit!..Save Uncle Derek the time and trouble of cutting and pasting your sorry link every couple of weeks...At the same time, if you're gonna blog, and make me read your blog by writing things that are interesting, KEEP IT UP! This way, I won't have to be all "I had to rearrange..." ok?..Good...Thank you...Heh...

So anyway, in a total "geek" move, and as a gift to myself in honor of my one year "blogiversary" (which will occur later this week), I registered the domain name www.sonofcheese.com. I'm not planning on moving or mirroring or anything like that, but Yahoo had a registration deal which I couldn't pass up AND that allows me to have THAT address forward automatically to HERE...In addtion, I can have an "email address" that automatically forwards to my Yahoo email...I FEEL SO OFFICIAL!..I am the proud owner of sonofcheese.com for the next 5 years...I know it sounds silly, but you never know who is gonna reserve something when you ain't lookin'...

Also, because I recently added the referral ads from CafePress to my sidebar, and the ad is touting discounts on selected "Valentine's Day" merchandise, I thought it might be good to add those items to my store. Again, THIS IS NOT A PLEA FOR YOU TO BUY ANYTHING, just an opportunity to see some of the stupid things that are in my Shop. Look especially at the boxers and the bear, 'cause they're new (today)!

Past that, things are pretty uneventful...I do have this stuff called "work" to get done, so I'd better get on doin' that...We'll see you again soon, kids!

Labels: , , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?