<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Ba-bo, Ba-bo, Ba-bo... 


There're possibly a good number of people who wouldn't be aware who Merle Kilgore was, let alone be aware that he passed on. In a strange way, Merle Kilgore was a big part of mine and my sister's childhood. See, we had a 45 rpm record which we had won at a carnival, or at the state fair, which happened to be the Merle Kilgore rendition of "The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down." I loved the song because, even at an early age, I was rabidly interested in all things related to the American Civil War and, since we WERE kids, my sister and I derived great enjoyment from the record by playing at 78 rpm and making a little stuffed mouse named "Pudding" dance to the sped up music...

Thanks, Merle. We had a lot of fun.

Labels: , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?